JCP don't you just love the place?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I found myself in my local JCP yesterday it's the first time I have set foot in the place for over a year, I was there to get my appeal win notification faxed over to the friendly bunch at Hackney BDC this was required because one month after winning at appeal the BDC still has not received the paperwork from the tribunal service (or so they say) hmmm, the jury's out on this!

So I make my weary way up to the second floor stopping on every half landing because I can't catch my breath (how perverse is that? ESA claimants have to go to the top of the building, and no you can't use the lift).

My appointment is at 3 pm, I am early so I find a seat and gas up ( Salamol inhaler) chap at desk remarks that I don't look too clever, and was I there to sign on? I explain between wheezes that I merely wish to get a document faxed, chap at desk informs me that he is the very chap I need to see and would I like to come over, this causes near riot from two individuals that apparently have been waiting for over 40 mins to sign on, I stand back while petite female security guard tries to calm situation.

Chap at desk takes my paperwork and trundles off to fax machine, upon return he tells me 'you can see I've done my bit can't you please hang on for the delivery confirmation', once he gets this he tells me he has done his 'bit' again. I asked him why he was telling me he had 'done his bit' over and over, he replied that the BDC were routinely losing fax's and blaming non compliance from JCP.

If JCP and the BDC's are at each others throats the system has to be close to meltdown, staff morale seemed to be at rock bottom I almost felt sorry for them................almost.

Edited by osdset

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

i feel sorry for JCP staff, they are in a no win situation, and must be looking over their shoulders, as dodgy dave is not going to need a lot of excuses to outsource this part of the welfare prog to outside providers...look at the savings he can make on civil service pensions, job security, pay and allowances etc.....whilst employing people of nmw to look after 'customers'

I'm just disgusted that you were made to climb stairs when you clearly have some sort of lung disease! How come you weren't able to use the lift? Don't they know that disabled access is law for public buildings?

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

I'm just disgusted that you were made to climb stairs when you clearly have some sort of lung disease! How come you weren't able to use the lift? Don't they know that disabled access is law for public buildings?
Well I wasn't wearing my pointy hat with the big 'D' on it was I! Seriously though, like a lot of people that aren't obviously disabled I don't look like I have any problems, unless one is wheelchair bound, on crutches , or heavily pregnant the staff won't believe that you have difficulties they book you down as just lazy and life's too short to spend all day arguing.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.