style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all i am currently helping my mum to claim against barclays she has 2 claims

Loan 1 was 09/1996 - 09/1999 and a loan 2 was 09/1999 - 04/2000 it was not a rollover thay were 2 seperate loans.

We requested an SAR she has had the account with Barclays since the mid 1980's and she received details going back to Jan 1998 so loan 2 was easier to work out and she has been paid out for this and it was also only a small amount as the loan was only small and paid off early.

Loan 1 is proving more difficult when she received notification about loan 2 last week she phoned up Barclays about loan one as when we put in the claim we put both acoount numbers on one form she was informed that loan 1 had been unsuccessful and a letter was sent out to her on the 1 August which she had not received so the advisor said that he would get it sent out to her again she has yet to receive it he also said that she needs a policy number and we need to prove that there was ppi on it which my mum is pretty sure that there was the second loan taken out 1 month after the first was only for just over a £1000 but also had ppi on it.

On the SAR that she received it give her info on the first loan from payments 17 - 36 she was paying about £68.00 per month and it was over 36 months mum thinks she possibly borrowed £1300.00 as she had just moved into a new house and received some monies off her mortgage as it was a cashback one.

How likely are we going to be able to get the info back to 1996 will they hold it or are they just being difficult.

Sorry for the long post

Would welcome advise on this please

Thanks TTS :-)

Edited by trying to save
additional info

Ok just an update my mum has still not received the rejection letter that she was told was going to be resent to her am i best contacting the sar team at barclays to request the statements previous to the ones that was sent in the original SAR the 8 weeks are now up and mum has had no written cinfirmation about the first ppi claim.

TTS :-)

Hi TTS, I'm currently looking into taking Barclaycard to court for none compliance of my SAR, as they will not give me data back to when the account was opened (1994), its a bit of stange case as the account is still open! I have added a link to a Barclays sticky on CAG for you, below; http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?81661-Data-retention

BP

Many of life’s failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. - Thomas Edison