style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have stupidly been conned into letting a bailiff into my home to discuss a payment arrangement and also to list goods. i understand all that. they have now come back to me after paying him £100 to say they want £500 in 6 days and £500 31 days after that and again after that. i have contacted them to say this is totally unreasonable, he said i need to make my payment offer of £50 a month and send in a recalculated income/expenditure form.if i pay this £50 the van will not come to seize my goods listed. my questios are

can they only take what the original walking possesion order lists?

if i let them take these things will my debt be covered?

if my debt is not covered by selling the goods listed can they come back in or will it go back to court? please help as i am at my wits end and have very little time, i am of the thinking i should just let them come and take listed items and let it go to court for whats not covered after sale to try to then negotiate with court.

if he comes and takes goods and sell them is that my dealings with this bailiff done or will he be back? as i am happy to deal with council or court as they seem much more reasonable than rossendales!!!!:-x

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok the bailiffs have been in and got a levy how much is the debt what items are on the levy???

before you let the bailiff in did he tell you he was a bailiff??

they can NOT JUST TURN UP AND TAKE YOUR GOODS regardless of the entry today they would need to return to court for a order to do so

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

the debt was 1612 and i paid 100 when he came. he listed sofas, tv, coffee table, ps3, dvds and tv stand, laptop and printer.

he told me he was a bailliff and said if i let him in and list goods we could arrange a payment plan to suit!!

the debt was 1612 and i paid 100 when he came. he listed sofas, tv, coffee table, ps3, dvds and tv stand, laptop and printer.

he told me he was a bailliff and said if i let him in and list goods we could arrange a payment plan to suit!!

that old chestnut !!!

what would you say the value of the listed items to be???

if the sofa has the fire safety tag on it they can take it providing you have other seating in the house but what they really want is your cash

you do not have to deal with the bailiff or let him in all you have done is increase his fees in doing so

that old chestnut !!!

what would you say the value of the listed items to be???

if the sofa has the fire safety tag on it they can take it providing you have other seating in the house but what they really want is your cash

you do not have to deal with the bailiff or let him in all you have done is increase his fees in doing so

So what do I do now?

posts crossed!! if the bailiffs re attend you do not have to deal with them it is possible the levy would not cover the debt and fees so it could be questioned

in setting up arrangement with bailiffs they often will re attend saying you have broken the arrangement just to bump up there fees

you do not have to deal with the bailiffs there demands of money seams not acceptable

i would bypass bailiffs start making payments direct to council using correct reference numbers

in dealing with the bailiff they will charge made up fees

yes it this years council tax, spoke to council and because they are taking money off for attachment of earnings on hubbys wage already it had to go to bailiff, i would say at auction they would be lucky to get £500 for lot. if they can only take whats on there list im tempted to let them take it but what happens then there is no way i can raise 500 by 6 days time!

yes it this years council tax, spoke to council and because they are taking money off for attachment of earnings on hubbys wage already it had to go to bailiff, i would say at auction they would be lucky to get £500 for lot. if they can only take whats on there list im tempted to let them take it but what happens then there is no way i can raise 500 by 6 days time!

they full of hot air do not let them in they a powerLESS bully

the attachment is it for the same debt/

no its for a past year. i thought they could force entry. i have 2 kids who i dont want to be aware and cant sit with curtains shut, can they only take whats on list?

no they can not force entry the goods listed will not cover the debt so no point in them taking them

regardless of what council say you can pay them direct using correct reference number

last years bill is a non priority you do not need to meet the bailiffs demands

they could take whats on the list ONLY if you let them in you don't need to open the door to them if need be

They can NOT force entry without permission from the court (rarely given)

BAILIFFS LIE

what puzzled me was the bailiff came in and sat on sofa, listed goods and never left the seat, he didnt check rest of house so he must have thought that the value was in this room if he can only take whats on list. CAB told me because i let them in i have no leg to stand on, they said if i dont pay eventually they will come in house at some point and i have to let them after allowing them initial entry and most sites i have looked at say the same, i feel like i should let him take whats here and listed as its worth nothing but he must think it is and then from what i understand whatever is left to pay after auction will go back to creditor which would be council.

No the scrote cannot force entry even with a levy, If they took the sofas would there be enough seating for the whiole family? Is the PS3 a childs? is the TV top of ther rasnge Flatscreen? did he list the remote control also? looks like the levy is on insufficient goods and was made solely to garner fees for the bailiff, so next step is a Formal Complaint to council copied to CEO, elected leader, councillor and MP, stating you are aggrieved by the levy performed by their bailiff for which they are wholly liable, as the goods if sold would not fetch sufficient value at auctuion to cleer all fees removal and auction costs and a portion of the debt, notwithstanding some of the goods may well be exempt or in the case of the sofas illegal to sell due to non compliance with fire safety, in fact the bailiff would be committing a criminal offence to sell them without labels. CAB yet again, you still do not have to let them back in, as they need permission off the council, and an order from the magistrates and be notified of a time and date of attendance. They still cannot turn up with locksmiths at random and force their way in, in fact they would be in the feldercarb if they did.

Therefore as you cannot trust their bailiff to deal fairly with you you propose to pay £50 per month DIRECT to the council, and you will NOT deal with the bailiff, as there is no law or legal compulsion to do so.

What bailiff company is this?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

The law says they can force entry once they've been let in and made a levy, which they have, although usually only in the presence of a police officer for their own safety and to prevent a breach of the peace.

However as rightly pointed out, they'd prefer your cash, so agreeing and sticking to a reasonable repayment plan is the way forward.

They can only take the listed items but if their sale value is not sufficient to cover the amount owed less fees, they could make a further levy. They really don't want to do this because it's unlikely to help either side (auction is a pain to organise and only yields low values) - but it is a powerful negotiating tool, as you are finding out.

If the bailiff is being utterly unreasonable (likely) and the council don't want to know (also likely), your best bet is to get your local councillor involved (look at the council website). The council might say tough, it's in the bailiffs' hands, but when a good local councillor starts breathing down the neck of the Revenues Manager, they can suddenly find a way.

The law says they can force entry once they've been let in and made a levy, which they have, although usually only in the presence of a police officer for their own safety and to prevent a breach of the peace.

However as rightly pointed out, they'd prefer your cash, so agreeing and sticking to a reasonable repayment plan is the way forward.

They can only take the listed items but if their sale value is not sufficient to cover the amount owed less fees, they could make a further levy. They really don't want to do this because it's unlikely to help either side (auction is a pain to organise and only yields low values) - but it is a powerful negotiating tool, as you are finding out.

If the bailiff is being utterly unreasonable (likely) and the council don't want to know (also likely), your best bet is to get your local councillor involved (look at the council website). The council might say tough, it's in the bailiffs' hands, but when a good local councillor starts breathing down the neck of the Revenues Manager, they can suddenly find a way.

they would need a order from the court which is rarely given out so at this point they can not force entry

so am i right in thinking they could sell this stuff and still come back in and do a further levy? or would they have to start the whole process again, as in that case they would never be gained entry after this carry on

see i am reading conflicting stuff on sites, if he did take the stuff will i be done with them?

if that is how you want to play things go ahead but it wont be done with

you can lead a horse to water but cant force it to drink...................................

maby time to take a few deep breaths and take the advice given

:-(so i completely ignore the bailiff even though i have signed the walking possession and just make payments to the council the bailiff legally can not enter my home and take stuff? i am taking note of the advice i just dont fully understand how i can sign it and still get away with not letting them in, the sites i have read say i have no rights, im not bein ungrateful just stressed to death and confused