Greener Living Solutions. Cavity wall insulation guarantee problem. ** RESOLVED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, this is my first post, not sure if I'm posting in the right section?

I had cavity wall insulation done on my house in April 2011, after signing up following a cold call at my door from a very persuasive salesman (I know, mistake no.1). The work was completed ok so far as I know, but since then I have been unable to get any paperwork or the promised 25 year guarantee from the installers. The company is registered with CIGA as an approved installer. I have contacted the company on numerous occasions, to be told that my property will be included in the next batch of applications to CIGA, or will be fast tracked, or the guarantee has already been applied for. Subsequent calls to CIGA show no record of any such application having been made. The last communication I have from the company is a letter from December 2011 apologising for the oversight in not applying for it. Now when I ring the phone just goes to voicemail and emails remain unanswered. CIGA say they cannot help me. I want to put my property on the market, and obviously without a guarantee there is no proof the work has been done. Can anyone suggest what I should do next please? Many thanks.

The company is called Greener Living Solutions, based in Mold, North Wales. As I said in my post, they are CIGA approved. I've done a quick check on the Companies House website and they are still trading. I don't think it was part of a local council scheme but it was sold to me as a discounted deal. I paid £150, my house is a 4 bed detached property.

I know it well I contacted the same company after a cold call and they offered to do my place for £99. 3 bed detached.

But I ended up going to another company that were endorsed by Flintshire cc. I called FCC and asked if they were reliable etc and was told they were all above board. Did a great job and left me with all the paperwork etc.

Greener Living didn't get back to me after pricing the work which I found a bit strange as usually you can't shake these people once you call them.

I'll do a bit of digging to see what I can find out about them.

Thanks for replying, the website has been"under construction"all the time I have been dealing with them. I did get a receipt for payment. The only other correspondence I've received is a letter dated December 2011 apologising for the delay, as I mentioned earlier.The manager, a guy called Andy Evans who I dealt with initially was very helpful, but the last few times I've called I can't get past the receptionist who keeps assuring me it'll be "applied for when we send the next batch off". The last time I spoke to her in June she assured me the guarantee had been applied for from CIGA and would be with me in July. Surprise surprise, almost September and nothing. I phoned CIGA today and they have no record of any application for my address.

Hi

This is from Companies House Website on Greener Living Solutions:

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks for replying, the website has been"under construction"all the time I have been dealing with them. I did get a receipt for payment. The only other correspondence I've received is a letter dated December 2011 apologising for the delay, as I mentioned earlier.The manager, a guy called Andy Evans who I dealt with initially was very helpful, but the last few times I've called I can't get past the receptionist who keeps assuring me it'll be "applied for when we send the next batch off". The last time I spoke to her in June she assured me the guarantee had been applied for from CIGA and would be with me in July. Surprise surprise, almost September and nothing. I phoned CIGA today and they have no record of any application for my address.

The fact that you have a receipt and the letter from Decmber is proof enough that you have had the work carried out (together with all those filled in holes in your brickwork) :) I would make a real nuisance of myself and keep pestering them for the cert.

You should also put your complaint in writing and let them know you're not going away and that you will be taking legal advice if the matter is not resolved in good time.

Make sure you keep a record of all the calls and correspondence and send all letters recorded.

I am pleased to say that I have had a result! I had an unexpected phone call yesterday from the manager of GLS who was not pleased to have seen my posts, and was understandably concerned about the negative effects of this on his business. He told me that apparently the guarantee had been applied for to CIGA together with payment on 1st June 2012, their cheque had been cashed, but CIGA for some reason had no record of me on their system. So it appears that the fault lies with CIGA, not GLS. That doesn't detract from the fact it took 14 months and numerous increasingly frustrated phone calls from me before the guarantee was even applied for. The guarantee has actually arrived in the post this morning! Mr Evans also said that he will reimburse me £150 for the cost of the installation, which is obviously good news. It's just a shame it took me posting on this forum from pure frustration to eventually get it sorted.

Edited by tickettyboo