Part Ex refused after seeing different salesman

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my car recently developed a fault see picture attached , i took it to BMW and they wanted £650 to repair on top of the £100 i just paid to have a diagnostic .

so i thought i would go see my friend that owns his own garage , so he rang bmw to confirm this could be done and they told him yes a second hand part can be put in and it will all be ok . so he fitted it , but couldn't turn the light , this can only be done by bmw , even though they told him he could do it .

so i decided to get rid of the car , i got the service coming up the mot , it needs 4 new tyres and various other things , not cheap .

i saw a vauxhall astra and thought i would go for that price £7249 , so i went and looked at the car , text drove it etc . the salesman looked at the car , came back in took his mate out and looked again , he then came back in and said he would give me £6000 as is for the car . so i said ok there are some others i want to look at first but will get back to you .

i looked at some others , but decided to go back to the original dealer , i went in and seen a different sales guy , spoke to him and he pulled up all the paper work . he said i could have the car now , so i went home changed my insurance over and came back . we signed all the paper work and i paid the money , even the log books were signed over , they have this paperwork you have to sign that says that i am not aware of any faults , to me there were no faults , the car just needed programming .

he then took the key to my car and went to look at it , he then came back in and said deal is off , i can't take your car because the light that is on is a critical light and means work needs doing , so i told him a bout the repair and he even spoke to the mechanic that did the repair .

the dealer still refused to release the car even tho i now technically own the car , and he gave me my car back as a loan car to drive on their insurance and told me to bring it back when its repaired . i felt like i had no choice and i even let the dealer book the car in to be repaired .

i wasn't happy because 1 sales guy said to me and i quote "£6000 as is" and 2 guys looked at it and he still wanted the sale .

i would like to know where i stand on this ?

was i in the wrong by saying no faults ? , because as far as i was aware the fault was fixed , it was just a light that couldn't be turned off .

IMG-20120814-00013.jpg

To be quite honest, no, the offer at the time was £6000 'as is' and you walked away and looked at other cars (as yuo're quite entitled to, its your money) but by waling away that particular deal ceases.

It's possible that the orginal salesman didn't realise it was a major thing or something, but i don't tihnk you can force the issue to be qute candid.

Sorry.

ah ok , thank you for the reply , i am getting the light switched off anyway as the new salesman was good enough to "loan me a car on his own insurance" , and it wasnt his fault

but thank you for the reply :)

ye the repair was done , but wasnt' by bmw so he couldn't turn the light off

it was a ELV problem , something to do with the steering lock not engaging and electrical fault , but speaking with a bmw mechanic he says he's seen some that won't start and some that go on for years with the light on.

it's booked in with bmw tomorrow 29/08/12 , so just getting the thing done and getting rid cos its going to cost me too much money to keep before christmas , i been told my brake pads are goign to cost me £140 lol , last time i bought brake pads for a vauxhall they cost me £10 front and £10 back.

did you agree to buy the new vehicle based on the offer of £6,000 for your old one?how did you pay?If your decision to buy the new vehicle was based on the offer the dealer made to pay you £6,000 tradin then you should at least be able to back out of the whole deal. Did you get any paperwork?