PCN Notice- held and advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

First time post, I'm looking for some advice for this on going PCN saga with Hounslow BC, below I have outlined the stages of what has happened so far, any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

1. I was issued a PCN by Hounslow BC early in 2011 based on this: "Contravention 62: Parking with one or more wheels on or over a footpath or any part of a road other than a carriageway". The Contravention was picked up by a camera, not a person. What actually happened was I pulled over and dropped off a passenger who then unloaded some equipment out of the vehicle. It couldn't have been more than a minute, the engine was never off and I did not leave the vehicle at any stage. I therefore appealed the charge based on this exemption: "Vehicles completing a loading or unloading activity- 5 minute observation period should be given for private vehicles parked on yellow lines (subject to waiting restrictions) and 40 minute casual observation applies to commercial vehicles if there is evidence of loading or unloading taking place". The passenger in the car can vouch for my explanation and I'm sure if Hounslow BC watched the footage of the camera that picked up the PCN they would see this too.

2. After immediately sending back an appeal I heard nothing from Hounslow BC

3. The next i heard from the case was from Collect Services in September 2011 stating they will now be perusing the PCN which was well over £100.00 by now (originally £50.00 if paid early).

4. I contacted Hounslow BC and Collect Services, had a response from Collect saying they had no knowledge of details and were carrying out Hounslow BC's instructions. No word from Hounslow.

5. Contacted Hounslow again- said they made a decision after I sent the appeal, and rejected it. I asked why, they ignored this and said I could make an OOTWS and copied a link to the forms into an email.

6. I downloaded the forms and sent them off

7. Collect said they had notice from Hounslow BC that the PCN was on hold due to the OOTWS

8. Heard nothing back from the TEC, Hounslow or Collect until June this year when collect sent a letter about Bayliff action

9. Contacted Hounslow BC and TEC- reply from TEC was that the forms I filled in were incorrect and there was therefore an error. Instead of contacting me they decided to tell Hounslow to pursue with the PCN. They then told me to send off another set of forms to apply for another OOTWS

10. I did so and received an email from Collect saying the PCN was on hold again

11. At this stage I had enough and made a complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman Service- they made a decision (after about two weeks of feedback etc) that because I have gone to the TEC, this was the best course of action and they wouldn't pursue the complaint for now

12. TEC sent a letter to me today stating the OOTWS was rejected and that "reasons are not held of court records and the court officer is not required to offer an explanation for refusal".

Sorry for all the info, but it's been such a long and draining saga, I just need some advice as to what to do next. They have said I can make an appeal of their decision for a fee of £45 or £80 and that I should take legal advice if doing so. I'm unsure whether it's worth paying money if I'm just taking on two organisations who are blindly turning me away and adding more charges. The latest bill from Colelct was around £350.00

Any advice you have for me would really be appreciated.