Creation/Sygma Mastercard PPI Claim after it went to Lowells debt collection

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have/had a credit card with Creation/sygma bank. This was done in the MK One store where I used to live as a student. Obviously being a student, and absolutely skint, I thought "ooh free money" - How stupid!!

Things with the card got out of hand, and Im not even sure how much I used it, owed in total: anthing!! other than I never paid it, and a few ears later after being chased by Lowell Portfolio, I owed £736.33

After a few letters back and forth, and a lot of help from you guys, I eventually got them to stop contacting me, as Id asked for a copy of the original credit agreement, which the were unable to obtain. So in effect, the debt was written off. I haven't heard from them since.http://http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?275340-Lowell-Portfolio-1&highlight=nishi

Im wondering whether there is any point chasing the PPI on this account, or whether, due to the debt being wiped, that its best just to leave sleeping dong lie as it were...

Umm, sorry.. just because they were unable to comply with s78 request, does not mean the debt is written off. It just means until they can comply.. they are unable to obtain a judgment. They can take all other enforcement action.

Unless of course they wrote to you and specifically confirmed that it WAS written off.

You can if you wish put in a claim for the refund of the PPI - be warned however that if the account is still with the original creditor, they will probably assign any refund to the outstanding monies. If the refund is higher than the o/s balance then of course they will refund to you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D