You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• say i was going to write to all these about the debts and try get deal to reduce monthly payments and stop all interest do I write to them first or do I stop payments then write to them ?   Same if I was going for a DRO do I just sort out and apply for that first or stop all payments then apply for it .   Also I see for a DRO it says ive got to go through  an authorised debt adviser so who do i go to about this and at moment we still on lockdown here in wales and not many places open .   Last off ive asked regarding pro rata forms and still cant find any 
    • Yes but I think in a small claims court it will be far harder to prove. I have plenty of evidence to discredit the Director but again it could still not be enough.   She will be a month with no money and I think it’s far more risky than a tribunal where this action alone could result in the desired outcome.   I have said to her to request a face to face meeting to enable both parties to conclude, ideally resolve and at that point we can decide what action we wish to take.    
    • Hi Dimitry and welcome to CAG   I have added paragraph spacing to your 1st post above, to make it easier for all to read.   Please don't use big blocks of text as it makes it far harder to read and folk may not bother. 👍    
    • The insurers wont send a loss adjuster down , I've told them about the gate  and shown pics but cant get a estimate by a builder for gate or whole job as its like asking a builder to estimate damage for my car. The only way would be to get a metalworker down to price the gate up and hinges separately,. this is not going to be easy so i think I'm going to have accept the damaged gate and take the loss. The cash settlement would be better to get the gate sorted later after builder has done the wall. also a cash settlement would be quick, i could wait weeks for BRS to sort things out and then they could go cold on me again. at least with a insurance company you no you will get it fixed despite how long it might take. it has that added security. The home insurance carries a 450 XS plus higher premiums I'm not sure i will get it back.   if i could get a builder to price up the wall and a metal worker to price the gate and hinges up separately the home insurance might accept this, that is a possibility.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
Jam_Buttie

First NoA received..

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2867 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Helping out a few family members/friends with debt problems.

This week one person rec'd a NoA. First time I've ever actually seen one. How much more fun is there to be had?

And yes, its from the Leeds Losers lol..

Shall I send them a sarcastic reply thanking them for paying off the debt? something along the lines of:

Dear PERSONS,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for interesting yourselves in my financial affairs.

It has been brought to my attention that you paid an outstanding debt on my behalf to ( bank name)

I cannot thank you enough for doing this as I was unable to do so myself. You have restored my faith in the goodwill of others and you sir are truly a good Samaritan.

If I may be so bold as to mention, I do have some other outstanding financial matters that you may wish to take a look at and having spoken to some friends and family they too would like you to look into their financial affairs.

I believe that the sum (bank name) accepted from you as payment of the debt was around £20.00, well done to you sir for managing to reach such an amazing deal with the bank. I had tried in vain to get them to accept that amount from me but to no avail, you sir have clearly mastered the art of negotiation.

I have already written to the queen asking that you be considered for an award for services of charity to the people, I do hope it is acted upon.

Yours most thankfully,

(this was posted by a regular on here a while ago..)

lol

I like, I like very much indeed.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Love it :) The danger is, of course, that DCA's start to consider themselves as charitable organisations and produce adverts asking people to sponsor a starving debtor for £1 a month. When some kind person phones them to do this they will be imediatly told that £1 is totally unacceptable and unless they pay the full amount within 7 days then the matter will be handed over to one of their local crucifixion teams ;)

LOL!

I'll send a nice reply for now.

The letter example I posted was by Brig or someone similar.