style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The Bailiff does NOT get ownership by fitting a clamp.

No he does not, he gets ownership or rather more accurately "Control" through the Notice Of seizure, he should have filled in and left with the debtor.

If as Nationaldebtline alludes to clamping being a no no for council tax, it begs the question for OP, was there a prior levy on the car for the previous "arrangement"? And are rossers being naughty. Be ready with Formal Complaints about now.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

If you look at" Private Clamping by Bailiffs", section 3,4 and 5 you will see the author's assessment of clamping for Council tax debts.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201011/cmpublic/protection/memo/pf5.htm

In my view, you have tried to get the Council and the bailiffs to see sense-though I accept it is a big ask for either body so that leaves you free to write to the Court complaining that

the bailiff has acted illegally and neither the Council nor the bailiffs agree. In addition, it is quite clear that your car is a tool of your trade.

Interestingly, the author includes clamping for road traffic penalties too as being unlawful...................................

PS The author is John Kruze who is a leading authority on Bailiff law and one of his books is recommended [and on sale] with CAG

Edited by lookinforinfo

If you look at" Private Clamping by Bailiffs", section 3,4 and 5 you will see the author's assessment of clamping for Council tax debts.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201011/cmpublic/protection/memo/pf5.htm

In my view, you have tried to get the Council and the bailiffs to see sense-though I accept it is a big ask for either body so that leaves you free to write to the Court complaining that

the bailiff has acted illegally and neither the Council nor the bailiffs agree. In addition, it is quite clear that your car is a tool of your trade.

Interestingly, the author includes clamping for road traffic penalties too as being unlawful...................................

PS The author is John Kruze who is a leading authority on Bailiff law and one of his books is recommended [and on sale] with CAG

Rossendales won't let a little thing like the law get in the way of fees, Op should issue Formal Complaints to council and MP quoting from John Kruses book imho

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

"if you were not their then the car no longer belongs to you anyways, it belongs to the crown" It belongs to the crown ? ? - explain how attaching a clamp transfers ownership and how it is to the crown.

Property only belongs to the Crown if seized by officers of HMRC or persons specially-authorised by HMRC. There is a procedure to go through which must be carried out correctly and involves the person making the seizure to state the words "This property is forfeit to the Crown". To the best of my knowledge and belief, Rossendales and their bailiffs have not been authorised by HMRC to seize property on behalf of the Crown.

Chav's, the little scamps are renowned for stealing clamps for the metal, or for fun.

It's amazing how many people "find" the clamp gone in the morning and are able to drive their car away, and for some strange reason park it elsewhere. The Bailiff's absolutely hate it as there is nothing they can do, and they certainly cannot blame the car's owner, who is completely innocent, unless they can provide witnesses or CCTV of the clamp being cut off.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks everyone for input. No there was no original levy with repayment plan. I think it was just seen as a way of obtaining full payment including fees etc.

I don't want to say too much more on here as it has become obvious bailiffs use this site as a matter of course.

I am grateful for all comments though.