style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am new to CAGS and am unsure of how to post in the correct Thread.

I had a Limited Company that was suffering cash flow problems.

My Business Bank Manager at Lloyds TSB suggested that I used their factoring service Alex Laurie.

A representative of this company came to my house and said that they could only take me on a s a "Sole Trader".

The service was expalined to me that I would pay a certain amount per month plus a % on any monies factored.

It was also explained to me that Alec Laurie delt with outstanding invoinces to me through their legal department. That was what I was paying the fee for.

A client refused to pay and Alex Laurie said that they would not chase this invoice but, I could pay them £500 per month to discharge what I had been fronted.

I started this but missed one payment and they made me bankrupt (August 2010)

I sought out a company dealing in IVA. I feel that they have been lean with advice and most unhelpful.

I was told by them that I need to pay them £1,000 per month for 6 years and then I would be in the clear.

I explained that due to the nature of my business I could not meet these amounts. They told me I needed to t/o £7k per month to pay them and pay my outgoings.

I sought the advice of another IVA company through the CAB, who informed me that I should fail and then I could transfer to them.

This I did. I was discharged in August 2011.

The OR informed me that I no longer owed the debt (Have equity in my property).

The IVA company that I was most unhappy with then made themselves my "Trustees".

I am finding it difficult to get any sense out of them, my house has now been registered to them.

I am told that I can pay my debt through a 3rd party.

I have a friend who is prepared to discharge my debts for me but:

I am unable to establish a figure and a debt on bankruptcy that has been claimed by creditors is £25,207.30, of which I am unclear about £8,612.13.

I have paid £5k through a tax rebate to the "Trustees".

The amount I am now being told that I need to pay to discharge this debt is £94.664.

What options do I have if any?

I have offered to start paying monies monthly as and when my company recieves funds, and my friend has offered to pay an amount as well.

I am living day to day wondering when I will get a knock on my door and be asked to vacate.

I feel that I am being railroaded and unable to get any sensible advice.

Also I have now been unable to pay my mortgage for 3 months and am in court on the 5th September for a repossesion order. I am due considerable funds through my company on the 9th September.

I have spoken to my mortgage company who say I could possibly change my mortgage to buy to let and with the help of my friend obtain this.

I would ideally like to let the property out as the outgoings are way below the income it would provide.

Also along line with the mortgage I have a secured loan with Blemain Finance which was for £32k this was taken out over 5 years ago and I have been paying £360 per month.

Blemain say that if I repay this loan early I will have to pay them £44k.

I have so many issues to resolve and I need to find away to sort this out.

Hi bink

Welcome to CAG

On the 'secured loan with Blemain Finance', were you mis-sold PPI or have you been mis-sold PPI on any other financial products?

The guys will be happy to advise as soon as they are available.

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers.

Thread has been moved to the correct forum.

I have been mis sold PPI on many occassions, I have contacted NICHE to help me claim these charges back in order to give to the "Trustees".

The "Trustees", have to give written permission as I am a discharged bankrupt.

They have been asked numerous time by NICHE over many months and have agreed in principle by phone calls but the written permission has not been forthcoming.

I feel as if the "Trustees" are just all out to take my property and not do anything helpful in any way to enable me to help myself.

Don't speak to them over the phone, send your letters Recorded, give them a deadline, tell them if they don't co-operate you will take matters further. Other Caggers will advise further once they are about.

I have been mis sold PPI on many occassions, I have contacted NICHE to help me claim these charges back in order to give to the "Trustees".

The "Trustees", have to give written permission as I am a discharged bankrupt.

They have been asked numerous time by NICHE over many months and have agreed in principle by phone calls but the written permission has not been forthcoming.

I feel as if the "Trustees" are just all out to take my property and not do anything helpful in any way to enable me to help myself.

Lets wait to see what the guys have to say, I don't have the knowledge to say yes or no, it's never too late, just a case of navigating in the right direction. I'll flag this up for the Site Team. Remember it's a Bank Holiday weekend, so many of the guys aren't about.

Thank you.

Is it too late to resolve the matters I listed above.

Time does not seem to be on my side.

Im sorry, but you first post makes no sense to me and seems to be all over the place.

if we start again, you had a limited company that was selling goods on credit, you took on a factoring company but only as a aole trader? if that is so does that mean you started trading with the creditors personally as i cant see how they can owe the company but the factoring company pay you and then you owe them as the creditors owed the company.

Putting that aside and presuming you and up with a debt to the factoring company, what happened next,bankruptcy or an IVA, if it was a bankruptcy then how did you get an IVA, did you try to get an annullment, how much exquity was in your peoperty, did the receiver deal with that equity

I had a Limited Company that provided cleaning to the contruction industry.

I factored through Lloyds TSB

My Invoices said the name of my company on the top of the invoices.

On the invoice it said that the payments were to be made to Lloyds TSB Harlow.

They then paid the money into my business account.

I was declared Bankrupt in August 2010

I went to a Insolvency Practioner

They got me to sign a lot of papers and register them with Croydon Court.

They them agreed with the companies I owed money that I would pay their outstanding amounts in full over 60 months at the amount of £1,000 per month

I could not meet this amount of money per month.

I do not believe that I had an annulment

I was told that the Insolvency Practs would "fail me"

I met them and went through what I owed again and all the debts from the Limited company were removed.

The factoring company remained.

I was discharged on August 2011

The Insolvency Practs were made my "Trustees"

They have registered my property in their names.

The OR sent me a letter stating that the "Trustees" would dispose of my assets to pay my debts.

I have aprox £100k equity in my home

The question about the OR dealing with my equity I would assume is the job of a "Trustee"?

I have asked the "Trustee" for a figure to enable me to try and pay off the debt.

I havve a friend who might be able to pay this or pay monthy amounts to clear in total

Does this cover what you need to know?

Thank you

Thank you for the info, but im afraid what you have said does not make sense, i think you need to ask your trustee if you are in a bankruptcy or an IVA, if you are only in a bankruptcy and there was never an annulment aske them why there were 60 payments set up as that does not fit into a bankruptcy by itself

Hi

I do have to agree Bankrupt or IVA strange this one.

Anyway the PPI that you are trying to reclaim were they either included in your bankruptcy/IVA and if so you could try claiming now the BUT

If they were and you reclaimed they would go to the OR or Trustee (even if you are discharged and try to reclaim for the period of your bankruptcy/IVA it still goes to OR/Trustee).

You really need to speak to your TRUSTEE to clarify these matters

If you phone them Get the person details and always follow it up in writing (always get proof of posting)

This link may be of help its the Insolvency Service Website:

www.insolvency.gov.uk/

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group