Car was stolen in a health clinic car park

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi my friend was parked up in a Heath clinic when his car was stolen.

Also he had around £3000 in his car which has also been stolen.

When he realised and called the police they only stayed to ask him questions and take notes for around 5mins.

What I wanted to now how do you get the police to help you check the CCTV cameras in the area and the CCTV in the health clinic?

What can me friend do to get back his car or the value of the car?

Thank you for your help.

i would think they have already done that

however is this not better to direct these issues toward his ins company?

i would assume like most policies, there is legal cover involved

that should be used to its fullest extent.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i would think they have already done that

however is this not better to direct these issues toward his ins company?

i would assume like most policies, there is legal cover involved

that should be used to its fullest extent.

dx

The Police should be dealing with this. He can get CCTV footage from the people responsible for the camera. I.E the Health Clinic. Data Protection subject access request.

The Insurers will want to know why he had £3k in the car. Sounds a bit suspicious to me. They won't cover this and neither will any other form of Insurance. Leaving £3k in an unattended car would be at his own risk, so his loss.

If I were working at this Insurance company, I would ask for a good explanation as to why there was £3k left in the car. If there was not a satisfactory answer, I think I would start investigating a bit more. Insurers may decide to cancel the policy, if they are unhappy with the risk.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Think it should also be noted that if the keys were left in the ignition (which I am sure and hope they were not) there is no claim for the theft of the vehicle.

In regards to the £3,000 if that was his own personal money then as UB67 said it would not be covered under his motor or home contents policy. The only way that the money would be covered would be if it was under a commercial policy which covered Money under an All Risks basis in respect of loss or destruction of or damage to money in Transit and on the Insured Premise which would cover £2,500 - £10,000 but general exclusion being during normal business hours and on route from premises to bank.

Think it should also be noted that if the keys were left in the ignition (which I am sure and hope they were not) there is no claim for the theft of the vehicle.

In regards to the £3,000 if that was his own personal money then as UB67 said it would not be covered under his motor or home contents policy. The only way that the money would be covered would be if it was under a commercial policy which covered Money under an All Risks basis in respect of loss or destruction of or damage to money in Transit and on the Insured Premise which would cover £2,500 - £10,000 but general exclusion being during normal business hours and on route from premises to bank.

It's not so much the money he would like to now and see who done this to his car.

I now for a fact he never did report the money as it would go against him when Cali

Ing I surance

It's not so much the money he would like to now and see who done this to his car.

I now for a fact he never did report the money as it would go against him when Cali

Ing Insurance. He did not leave the keys in the car, the police were not helpfull at all.

How can he approache the police to look into the CCTV please.

Also I write a new thread and am not sure where to post it and then can't find it can you tell me how to do this pleas?

Many thank

Edited by geeza2012

Ing Insurance. He did not leave the keys in the car, the police were not helpfull at all.

How can he approache the police to look into the CCTV please.

Also I write a new thread and am not sure where to post it and then can't find it can you tell me how to do this pleas?

Many thank

The Police won't help with CCTV. He needs to approach the people responsible for the CCTV, so he will need to ask the Health Clinic whether they still have the recordings and if they have, pay them a £10 admin fee for a copy of any footage showing his car. He may need to make the request in writing citing the Data Protection Act.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread