Ebay are biased towards sellers!

BarbiePrincess
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4259 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone here agree?

I wanted to make sure it wasn't just me they are being biased torwards

so I put a facebook status asking people and I had quite a few responses agreeing.

Please i'm not the only one who thinks it.

From my experience (i'm not an ebay store or anything. I've just been selling some old clothes that don't fit me anymore

having gone up a few dress sizes and no money after finishing university

(even though it's been a year since)

and i've noticed that literally EVERY TIME a buyer opens a case against me

100% of the time they win!

Ebay.co.uk close it in their favour and it's like ebay haven't even read my original listing nor the conversation!

and they have created a 'negative balance' on my Paypal before even making the "final decision" so it's like they they already pre-decided.

They have only done this twice to me.

Still 100% of the time the buyer wins anyway!

To add to this..you know when you list an item we can click the 'drop down' in regards to whether we accept returns or not?

what's the point if they are going to demand a return anyway when a case is opened?

then threten us to reimburse ebay for the refund they give the buyer

- AGAINST OUR WILL because if we say no and that our listing was accurate

(and if ebay had actually read our listing!) isn't that theft from ebay's part?

They are literally making my blood boil and not many people can do that to me because i'm normally very happy

and bubbily but ebay.co.uk have really done it and I won't just let them get away with it without a "fight"

If anyone here agrees with me that ebay are disgusting and biased please sign my petition against them! - I can't promise it'll help but hopefully it'll put our point across.

I am aiming at 1000 signatures then I will post it to my local financial ombudsman along with my take on the matter and will shove it in ebay’s face too. Probably the press somehow too...Ebay shouldn’t get away with this anymore!!

Thank you to those who actually read this post.

I'm afraid this is what ebay do, they always have and always will favor the buyer.

Try seaching Facebook and see if there is a local 'Facebay' in your town and you can sell for free once enougth people have clicked 'like'.

The only reason E-bay exist's is because there are 'buyers'. What every seller on E-bay needs to do is be 100% compliant in the 'sales process'. Most Trading Standards can advise on such matters.

If you want answers to questions, put them to :-

Clare Gilmartin, Managing Director,

[email protected]

Have you checked out the purchaser from their feed back page ? If they have a lot of poor feedback from other sellers that might strengthen your argument with Ebay.

Is there not an option to only sell to people with a certain amount of good feedback ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

There is not an option to leave bad feedback for buyers.

If the buyer also sells you can leave them a neg by buying their stuff (under a different account). I've done it before. Worth the few pounds just to hit them back. Petty I know but it gives you a warm feeling inside especially when you know the neg you got was unfair.

If you don't have another account give your mate some money to buy the item and neg them for you. Job done!