Mercantile Recovery Solutions

steelcity
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm new to the forum so please forgive the naive question.

I've had a letter out of the blue from MRS, called Final Notice Prior to Action (in red ink)

citing a debt to Motormile Finance (just seen the many threads on this one), with HFC as the original creditor.

They claim the debt dates back to 2000.

The only thing I can think of is that it could have been an interest payment after I forgot the settlement date for an BNPL interest free deal,

I thought I'd paid it after an argument back then, but have no records.

I've hear nothing about it for years.

Should I respond?

I found one of the templates on here - the "general debt letter if you know nothing of the debt",

sorry can't post URLs yet,

which I considered using.

Should I respond, or ignore?

Grateful for your advice and experience :)

When was the last payment made, have you checked your credit files yet? If no do so to check if the account is on file.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Ignore it, Motormile are desparate to get funds and are scraping the bottom of the barrel. They do dirty work for Lloyds bank too as I have had one for a well statute barred debt. I completely ignored their '7 day notice' as I was going away for a short break - 3 months later nothing has happened.

Remember, there is now a documented case (one of the HFO ones on this site) where a judge clearly states that the company should have the paperwork BEFORE they go to court, and I bet you that Motormile will NOT have the paperwork.

Remember, there is now a documented case (one of the HFO ones on this site) where a judge clearly states that the company should have the paperwork BEFORE they go to court

any chance of a link if you can find it

• 2 weeks later...

Rehash this if you like and send it recorded delivery

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Sir

I write to your company with great concern.

(relate the events here)

It is clear that your company are in multiple breach of not only the Office Of Fair Trading's guidelines on debt collection but also in breach of harrassment laws ( I am sure I have no need to remind you of the recent high court case of Ferguson vs British Gas) and CPUTR2008. In order for you to gain I credit licence I understand that you have to have an official complaints procedure.

What I require:

A copy of your official complaints procedure

An apology from your Managing Director

Assurance in writing that it will not happen again.

If it does happen again then I will NOT issue any more warnings before taking legal action.

I trust this makes my position completely clear.

Yours faithfully

(type your name here)