Carers Allowance worry.....how much trouble am I in?***Resolved***

meg&mog
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi yes it does but then I have to add on overtime from feb to July I have the wage slips for them months and they do have my over time on July I did 24.50 thus is over a 4 week period June I did 8.00 may I did none but I got a 59.00 bonus because the store achieved something not sure what good mystery customer feedback I think and April I did 8.00 plus I got a 20.24 bank holiday prem and march I did 5.00 hours overtime this all needs adding to the 115 I sed before do you still think I will be ok? Thanks again

So having roughly worked it out I'm looking at just under 160 hours in the 40 weeks from may 2011 to feb 2012 I worked over 14 of them then I have to see what feb to July says any thoughts?

You don't have to pay the overtime back. You have to pay the carers allowance back, the whole weeks carers allowance for every week you earnt over £100.

So it is irrelavant how many hours you worked and when, just how many weeks you earnt more than £100.

Did you realise too that Carers allowance is taxeable? So if you are earning alongside, added to your wages you might have been liable to pay more tax?

Hi yes I did know carers allowance is taxable I claim tax credits who know I receive carers and who know I work I have had my p60 from the tax people and I also had a £10.88 refund I'm not in trouble with them too am I? I do realise its carers I have to pay back sorry for confusing you I certainly need to get the last 6 months pay slips in week by week format thanks again

Hi guys. I have contacted work again this morning and asked for the last 6 months in week by week format I have to go and collect it this afternoon , I have also written a letter to go in with it I have explained since receiving thier letter I have looked around on the Internet and have come across the mistakes I have made I have apologised for the errors and explained why I thought the way I did I have told them that I have informed work I will not be doing overtime again the employment rights for carers is something else I have found out about during all this I have told them I am willing and ready to pay back any an all overpayment I have received I have also told them my hours now will be flat 14 a week with a 4 weekly wage of £366.24 I am really hoping and praying they accept this explanation what do you guys think? And also should I still send the last 2 wage slips they have asked for? Along with the week by week breakdown? Thanks guys

Thank Abc. I know any overpayment isn't good I just hope with all you have said about me making the mistake and "fessing" up to it and being willing to pay it back goes in my favour I've posted the reply it's out of my hands now god willing I will get through this without a IUC or going to court they are the 2 things that scare me most thanks again

All cases are different but reading the CA notes on claims the earnigns rule is complicated and it happens a lot. The CA unit suspends the claim, looks at the evidence, makes a decision, you may be with out CA whilst this happens. After the DM has looked at the claim they may decide you werent entitled to CA for the weeks you went over.

They will calculate the OP, then put your CA into payment again.

The OP will go to DEBT you can appeal this or just lest them collect each week from your CA

Sometimes though people work full time and claim CA and carry on, then there are scans that pick it up so the CA unit investigates.

Your case is nothing like this so just wait and see now...

sure you will be fine

Hi Mikey. Thanks again for your reply that has helped me a lot and it is comforting to know im not the only one who has made this mistake , I haven't been working full time I wrongly thought I was doing ok I deffo didn't intend to defraud anyone the very thought of it scares me to death I really don't know how ppl can do it and not lie awake worrying every night my CA hasn't been stopped I received the letter on 22.8 it had been generated on 19.8 they did say in the letter if you are working now and earning over 100 a week we will stop payments but I'm not and I assume they know that I just was silly to assume things were spread out over the year I'm so glad I have found out now and not a cpl more years down the road with every week it was getting worse Thanks again Mikey you have been a big help

Hi guys. Just a little update I have not recieved my CA this week the postman hasn't been yet but I'm really hoping a letter isn't on it's way asking me to go for IUC at least I know they have recieved my letter and paperwork really scared now