No Respect for Norway

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I always respected Norway, the people are smashing and they give us a tree every Christmas, but all that as gone out the window now and I think they have just announced themselves to the world as a criminal santuary and shown themselves to be stupid.

That nutter who murdered 20 odd people has been given 21 years with a minimum of 10 years and minus the time he has already spent in custody. No wonder he broke out into a big grin when they announced he had got away with it.

If I was a member of one of the affected families I would be setting up a movement to make this a minimum of 21 per person to run consecutively.

Bloody 'ell, I thought the justice system in this country was crap but Norway has just shown themselves to be the friend of the criminal and made themselve the laughing stock. Any other country would pass that sort of sentence on a person for speeding.

He actually killed 77 people and injured 242. It's a joke, but that's the Max. Sentence by law, they can't change the law just for him. Have you seen his prison cell, 5 star luxury, laptop, gym etc. He's got exactly what he wants.

I always respected Norway, the people are smashing and they give us a tree every Christmas, but all that as gone out the window now and I think they have just announced themselves to the world as a criminal santuary and shown themselves to be stupid.

That nutter who murdered 20 odd people has been given 21 years with a minimum of 10 years and minus the time he has already spent in custody. No wonder he broke out into a big grin when they announced he had got away with it.

If I was a member of one of the affected families I would be setting up a movement to make this a minimum of 21 per person to run consecutively.

Bloody 'ell, I thought the justice system in this country was crap but Norway has just shown themselves to be the friend of the criminal and made themselve the laughing stock. Any other country would pass that sort of sentence on a person for speeding.

I heard he was going to get a lap top in prision. Whats that all about ?

they have far more liberal laws and penal system that we in the UK have...the sentence is the max that can be handed down for this type of crime...this is why the prosecution were trying desperately to get an insanity result...that way they could have put him away for ever....that said, there crime rate is far far lower than here, so they must be doing something right.

whilst we all agree that the sentence seems beyond leniency for the crime that was committed, that is their system, and we have to respect that....

Not necessarily doing something right, their country population is less than London so it's bound to be lower.

We don't have to respect it, I certainly don't and if I lived there I would have started a movement to get this changed.

The people who set these laws and sentences are the one that are insane. I bet it would change if a politicians son or daughter was in that camp.

This person is filth, **** and should be tied to a chair and starting with a small toenail removal, tortured until the screams bring the ceiling down.

Edited by Conniff

ah, the hang em flog em brigade.....

for killing 77 innocents and injuring hudreds more, you bet I am.

You can't tell me if you were involved in this you would be happy that he could be out in less than 10 years ??

nope, i wouldnt be happy, and cannot fathom why they declared him sane, in order to give a sentence that would allow this, the people involved must be dumbfounded at this decision!!! but it is their countries laws and should be respected..but i can understand the emotion, of string him up etc....i

I think more than the crime he has committed it is his attitude to authority, the continual middle finger, the smirk when the sentence was announced should have drawn one of the police there to backhand him right across the face and tell him to take that smile off.

But there is nothing to proove that he is insane, although we all agree that his crime is not what a normal person would do, he hasnt got to be mad just bad. I understand that although 21 is the max sentance allowed by Law he can be kept in prison for longer if he is judged to be a threat to the public, which is what i would expect will happen.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Whie the 21 years is the max sentence, the judge has already said that the door wil be left open to extend the sentence if he is still deemed a danger to society. Remember, norway go for remembrance and forgiveness rather than revenge and the like

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

'if he is still deemed a danger to society', the irony.

imbalance, too many 'rights' for crims.

Edited by Ford

personally i would have left him in a room with the survivors and the relatives of the victims

lets see how far rememberance and forgiveness would go then

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

They wouldnt do anything. Theyve already said that. They prefer to remember their loved ones, despite the way they went.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

ok leave him in a room with me

im less forgiving, can give whats deserved

plus i dont mind a few bodies around the place

Edited by labrat

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

meh i can think of a few things that would make china pale

Please note: