Harlands and Credit Resolution Services (part of Harlands)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3177 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Last year I signed up for Bristol Martial Arts Academy, with Harlands being the collection company. I was advised I needed to give 3 months notice to cancel my membership. In March this year I was travelling and decided to cancel as I did not need the expense. As I was in New Zealand I used the "contact us" form on Harland's website, advising them that I wished to give 3 months notice. I heard nothing.

One month later I was back in the UK and, after having tried to call Harlands (to no avail) I used their "contact us" page to send another email. No response. One month after that I wrote a letter to Harlands and sent a copy to their Director, again, no response. On month later I sent another letter advising that if they did not respond I would cancel my direct debit. One month on I cancelled, having not heard back.

3 weeks ago someone from Harlands left a message on my answerphone advising that if I paid one month's membership at £40 then the matter would be resolved. I attempted to call them, again to no avail, to make the payment and settle the matter. No joy. I then received another letter saying I owed Harlands £344. I wrote to them advising that I was prepared to pay one month and that the offer was valid for 2 weeks from the date of the letter (I stole a template from another Harlands thread). Again, no response, until today when I received a letter from Consumer Resolution Services (part of Harlands) advising that Harlands have referred my case as I have failed to contact them!

Where do I stand? I have sent 4 letters in total, all recorded delivery. I have copies and printed proof from Royal Mail that they were signed for, and yet I received no personal response to any of them.

I refuse to pay anything as their refusal to acknowledge my correspondence has resulted in their ridiculous fees.

Thank you everyone for reading this far.

Dave

Do you have copies of the correspondence/stored e-mails etc?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I have copies of all the letters and proof of receipt. Alas I do not have any evidence in respect of the "contact us" forms I sent. Again they did not acknowledge receipt. With hindsight I would have taken a screen print of the content.