style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have a friend who is currently on leave from work with stress. She is on a rolling three month contract and has been with her present employer (a marketing company) for over a year. She has recently been subject to bullying by management and she has been the butt of numerous remarks/jokes about her non-british background (she is from Dublin) - even to the point of receiving emails on the subject from fellow employees.

The company has investigated her complaints about the situation, disciplined an employee and apologised to her.

Even so, she feels she can't go back to that workplace and she has resigned.

Is there much that can be done to hold this company to account?

It looks like the company have taken reasonable action to deal with the situation. If she is unwilling to go back that is probably her decision alone - she hasn't given them much of a chance to show the working conditions are different if she hasn't gone back in after being signed off.

I can't see she has any claim, and she may be better just putting it behind her and moving on.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I'm sorry your friend feels that way about the job.

If she wants to take it further, I hope she's kept copies of the paperwork. When did she resign please?

Depending on what the guys say, a call to the EHRC [equlalities and human rights people] might be worthwhile.

Fwiw, if this gets complicated, it may well be easier for your friend to become a member here, because second hand advice is never as good.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi honeybee13,

she resigned last week. I passed on all the advice here, thanks for it all. Her (ex) Manager has since told her that her actions are disportionate to the complaint she made. Maybe just moving on is the best option?

Many thanks.