Debbieus

debbieus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I do hope you can help me. I renewed my car insurance on 12th July 2012. The renewal was £141.37. I sent copies of my licence and that of my husband's (as a named driver on the policy). My licence is clean my husband has points for speeding. I had ticked the box for 'No convictions' for both of us not realising that points amounted to convictions. I accept that ignorance is no excuse so I asked them to advise me on what would be best. Bedford Insurance wanted to charge me £90 to remove him from the policy and about £90 extra to keep him on it with the points. I decided to cancel the policy having been told that the cancellation fee would be 25% of my plus the cover I had 'enjoyed' for the month. One of the company's staff had told me that the policy would have been invalid if we had had an accident. If the policy was invalid should I have been charged anything? Should they not have refunded my entire premium? I should have mentioned that they refunded me £27.16.

Edited by debbieus
Update of information

No I think not, the insurer was not at fault here and no doubt this would form part of the ts 7 cs of the policy.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Well if a claim did come into play then your insurance underwriter would have done a CUE check and would have come across the fact that your husband has received these convictions and depending on the Insurer and circumstances of the claim one of two things may have happened either they would ask you to provide reasoning of why you did not disclose this at the renewal date or they would throw out the claim or only pay for part of this claim (likely to be only TP costs if fault). Your Return Premium of £27.16 does seem a little unfair but then again without reading the Terms of Agreement for Bedford they do likely state that they can collect X% amount if a policy is cancelled early. I would assume that the policy was done by EDI so all the Underwriter would collect from you would be the TOR (Time on Risk) the rest of the money has gone back into the Bedford Accounts