Paragon Secured Loan arrears charges reclaim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm looking to re-claim the letter and telephone call charges from Paragon on a secured loan I have with them.

Can anyone give me any advice please? I don't expect them to pay them back easiif anyone had any tips?

Any ideas what template letter to use? Is the bank charges template suitable.

Many thanks in advance :-)

Thanks for coming along to help :-)

In their T&C it does say I must pay them reasonable expenses for telephone calls or letters reminding me a monthly payment has not been made however they appear to charge me £10 for a letter one day and the very next day charge me £20 for a phone call. When they phone, chances are I haven't even received the letter so I'll try and argue that it is most definately not reasonable. I don't think they can justify £20 for leaving me a voicemail either but we'll see how we get on, worth a try I suppose. I'm not banking on anything but I'll put up a damn good fight. Thanks for your help I really appreciate it :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

when you say make me resign do you mean re - sign or resign as in give up, forfeit, pay back what I owe?

is this something they are known to do then? I won't be re-signing anything with these sharks they've already had £35K in interest off me they can sod off if they think I'm signing anything else and if they expect me to pay them back £43K then they'll just get laughed at, at the moment they are lucky I'm managing to pay two mortgages and that I haven't had my home reposeessed yet.

If you did me re-sign (sign a new agreement) why would they do this and is this even legal?

Thanks

is this response any good:

Thank you for your letter asking us to contact you by telephone to discuss our recent complaint. We do not communicate such matters by telephone. To ensure we have accurate and honest information, should it become necessary for litigation purposes, we require all communication in writing.

They sometimes make you re-sign to confirm you are liable for any shortfall on any interest calculation on the old loan, and factor in a few odd terms and conditions too, it is mostly conjecture as I haven't seen anyone who has re-signed with them. Some companies (Welcome Finance for one) do this 'behind the scenes' and you are then left with a mess to sort out at a later date.