style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have been receiving letters & calls from 'rossendales' too, regarding an 'un-paid parking ticket'.

They keep adding 'their' charges on which is currently at £300+ , which I'm not paying.

Now, they sent one of their monkeys round in a van Tuesday afternoon, saying I 'owed them the money', which I don't 'owe' them anything. I did not confirm my name when he knocked & refused to take his letter, which he threw into the front garden, hence littering, which I did point out.I also stated there was NO CONTRACT, which he seemed to think there didn't have to be one.

He then said there was a 'levy' on the car & they were 'going to take it', to which I said they couldn't & had no right too, He seemed to differ...

Anyway, I have since moved the car to another safe location, so good luck trying to find it!

Now, I am a bit concerned to what will happen next? The clowns at the council have stated the money they're trying to recover was £82, yet 'rossendales' seem to think, with their 'charges', it's now £300+

What should I do next? They don't intimidate me......just some advice please?

Thank guys...

Edited by citizenB
formatted

Hi,

I have been receiving letters & calls from 'rossendales' too, regarding an 'un-paid parking ticket'.

They keep adding 'their' charges on which is currently at £300+ , which I'm not paying.

Now, they sent one of their monkeys round in a van Tuesday afternoon, saying I 'owed them the money', which I don't 'owe' them anything. I did not confirm my name when he knocked & refused to take his letter, which he threw into the front garden, hence littering, which I did point out.I also stated there was NO CONTRACT, which he seemed to think there didn't have to be one.

He then said there was a 'levy' on the car & they were 'going to take it', to which I said they couldn't & had no right too, He seemed to differ...

Anyway, I have since moved the car to another safe location, so good luck trying to find it!

Now, I am a bit concerned to what will happen next? The clowns at the council have stated the money they're trying to recover was £82, yet 'rossendales' seem to think, with their 'charges', it's now £300+

What should I do next? They don't intimidate me......just some advice please?

Thank guys...

Were you aware of the ticket before rossendales called? If not you may be able to enter an out of time to the TEC at Northampton, have you moved address? if so the same.

When you say no contract with rossers, are you using the Freeman/Strawman tactic? If so if rossers find your car they WILL take it, for their fees.

Final question, are you attempting to pay the original penalty notice?

Once we know the background advice can be targeted to the situation.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Were you aware of the ticket before rossendales called? If not you may be able to enter an out of time to the TEC at Northampton, have you moved address? if so the same.

When you say no contract with rossers, are you using the Freeman/Strawman tactic? If so if rossers find your car they WILL take it, for their fees.

Final question, are you attempting to pay the original penalty notice?

Once we know the background advice can be targeted to the situation.

Yes, I knew about the ticket, appealed but as so many other cases, lost. There was a discrepancy in the ticket as the traffic womble had the colour wrong, but apparently this is not a part of the requirements on a ticket???

I have not moved???

I don't know of this Freeman/Strawman Tatics, all I know is I 'owe' 'rossendales' NOTHING! pLUS, They can look all they like for my car, they won't find it! Also, their 'fee's' are £385.43, which I refuse to pay this extortion!

To answer your final question, I sent a cheque off to Newcastle city council, to pay the original 'fine' BEFORE the time limit of 7/14 days, whatever it is, yet they claimed the did not receive it until after the time, so they returned it!?

Thanks

@tony72, stay calm.

BrassNecked is very very helpful and indeed knowledgeable.

Perhaps take off the angry head (I do understand how angry you feel but it will cloud your judgement) there are so many helpful and intelligent people here who will help you.

Regards

HTA

Yes, I knew about the ticket, appealed but as so many other cases, lost. There was a discrepancy in the ticket as the traffic womble had the colour wrong, but apparently this is not a part of the requirements on a ticket???

I have not moved???

I don't know of this Freeman/Strawman Tatics, all I know is I 'owe' 'rossendales' NOTHING! pLUS, They can look all they like for my car, they won't find it! Also, their 'fee's' are £385.43, which I refuse to pay this extortion!

To answer your final question, I sent a cheque off to Newcastle city council, to pay the original 'fine' BEFORE the time limit of 7/14 days, whatever it is, yet they claimed the did not receive it until after the time, so they returned it!?

Thanks

Thanks for the clarification tony72 You could initiate a Formal Complaint with the council, as your cheque was clearly dated before the due date, so they have refused a lawfully tendered payment. Others who know more about the intricacies of the Kangaroo Bulk Centre and Northampton TEC will be along soon no doubt.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

It's not looking good for you, on the basis of what you are saying! Nevertheless -

Do you know how much was owing when you sent the cheque?

Can you prove when it was posted?

Do you know at what point they returned it to you?

It's not looking good for you, on the basis of what you are saying! Nevertheless -

Do you know how much was owing when you sent the cheque?

Can you prove when it was posted?

Do you know at what point they returned it to you?

This information is important to see how to move forward, Jamberson knows how the system works, and what the correct process is so can help pinpoint any discrepancy.

In the meantime, I'm attaching the relevant legislation to this post so you can see how much the law says Rossendales are permitted to charge. You might be interested to know that there once was an antique dealer named Robin Bastard whose shopfront was featured on the BBC TV programme "That's Life". You could ask the bailiff if he's a relative.

Enforcement of Road Traffic Debts (Certificated Bailiffs) Regs 1993.pdf

Enforcement of Road Traffic Debts (Certificated Bailiffs) Regs 2003.pdf

national-standards-enforcement-agents.pdf