Advice on dealings with 'CAPQUEST'

tony72
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have been receiving letters & more recently, like everyday, phone calls to my private mobile phone, from 'CAPQUEST'.

They say I owe 'them', x amount of money from a debt owed to a credit card company,

yes, I owe the credit card company, but NOT 'CAPQUEST'.

Now, can anyone help me here?

Are 'CAPQUEST' breaking the OFT laws by constantly harassing me with calling my personal number?

They ring up all hours of the day, asking my name and to 'answer security questions' which I refuse each time,

HANG ON-YOU CALLED ME!

Why should I answer 'security questions', when you rang me???

I have even stated they are breaking the OFT laws, but they keep ringing me.

It's got to the point where I'm playing games with them, like putting them on hold while I go do something else

(if you want to waste my time, I'll waste yours!)

Also, I am making a note of each time they call as evidence of harassment.

Has anyone else had dealings or can anyone offer me some advice on the OFT laws regarding this please because I've had enough now!

Thanks guys...

next time they ring say in writing and put the phone down, and you can also block their number, also send the phone harrassment letter from the library

any ppi on the credit card that can be claimed back

why in writing? What does that mean? I DON'T want letters from them either, I've NOTHING to do with 'capquest'?

I've looked into blocking their number, but my crappy vodafone 555 won't let me, even been into the shop to tell them, 'nothing they can do' they replied.

sometimes we can't pick and chose our friends

so whats the debt all about them>

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

why in writing? What does that mean? I DON'T want letters from them either, I've NOTHING to do with 'capquest'?

I've looked into blocking their number, but my crappy vodafone 555 won't let me, even been into the shop to tell them, 'nothing they can do' they replied.

maybe you have nothing to do with capquest. but if the debt has been assigned to them then they will continue to get in touch, so either accept the fact or stick your head in the sand:|

they will continue to ring and write, there are ways of trying to deal with the debt...but ignoring it wont stop em.....they have been assigned the debt, i personally have never worked out why continually phoning someone night and day will get them to pay if they 1. either havent got the money, or 2. refuse to pay

They will continue to phone and write. Your best off finding out who the original creditor is and dealing with them directly. In the meantime send CapQuest a letter saying the account is in dispute and any collections activity should cease until it has been proved that a debt is owed. Also add in you will only deal with them in writing and any further phone calls will be reported to the OFT as harrassement. Then send a SAR request to the original creditor

The following strategy has worked for me with another DCA:

1. Write to them stating that you require communication by letter only and that they are to remove all telephone numbers they hold for you under the Data Protection Act.

2. Send them a CCA request which includes the requirement for a Statement of Account that details all credits, debits and charges. Tell them you want to verify the amount owed is correct.

3. Write an official complaint about the continuing phone calls. By this point if they phoned it went... "Is this DCA again?", "Yes", "I have already written to you telling you to deal in writing only". This was sufficient to have them hang up.

4. Receive some poor effort at a reconstituted credit agreement, without the required statement of account.

5. About the same time start to believe that the phone has actually gone quiet.

6. Put the account in dispute because they didn't send the Statement of Account and their reconstitution is not compliant.

7. Marvel at the lack of noise from them... No phone calls and now it is them that are ignoring the letters.

Send all letters signed for and keep copies. Be prepared to lodge complaints with the FOS, OFT and ICO. I have a complaint in with the ICO regarding their failure on point 1 at the moment.

It was hard work - but it worked.