Total Parking Solutions/ Roxburge Debt Collectors: reassurance please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you for all your advise and reassurance you have all given me up to now, whilst this is my first post I have been coming to you for advise for some time!

I have been issued a Parking Charge Notice by Parking Total Solutions for leaving the area whilst parked in the shopping retail park. I did do this but only to get some cash prior to shopping in the retail park so was gone for a very short time. When I returned to my car after shopping I had a notice on my car.

Following your advise and after watching the Watchdog clip I have ignored all previous letters, despite my husbands protests!

Today I have received a letter from Roxburghe Debt Collectors, requesting £198! It states;

"If we do not hear from you within 10 days, we will pass the matter to our solicitors, Graham White, who will review your case for potential legal action" and

"We are fully aware of anecdotal information being presented via the internet and on various websites and you may feel this guidance is worth following. We strongly urge you to seek independent legal advise rather than rely on these opinions, and we would respectively suggest that you refer to the Civil Procedure Rules part 31*, and more specifically parts 31.16 and 31.17.

*For information on how this may affect you please visit etc.

I will try to look up these parts they reference, but in case it is all over my head I thought I would approach you guys! Can you reassure me?

Thanks once again

Thank you, once again.

I can't believe that these people can get away with what they do! So many must just pay as the terminology used scares them, leaving TPS laughing all the way to the bank! Like me I am sure most people have no idea about the ins and outs of "parts" and court procedure! Its a good job there is sites like this.

It makes me not want to shop at the places that allow it, but unfortunately it seems that every car park where I live uses these companies.

That letter was the second one we recieved. It has the line "we will pursue this matter to a conclusion"

Two weeks later we recieved a letter from graham white with a load of figures for "illustrative purposes only"?? and what may (or may not) happen.

11 days after that we recieved more crap from graham white ( sobell) with "FINAL WARNING" as the headline.

Since then we have had no more letters and the last letter was 5 1/2 months ago.

All letters we recieved were ignored and they must have worked it out they were on to a loser and moved on to try to $cam other people out of money they dont owe.