Santander Mortgage Arrears

Lilythepink
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2776 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you checked on royal mail website to see if the letter has been signed for ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Yes it has, but they don't seem to take any notice.... The phone calls are early morning, and dinnertime, when we get home from work. We have done everything right, yet they still harass us. We cannot get phone calls through that are urgent family matters.

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

The letter probably hasn't got through their system yet, give it till after the weekend and see if you get any response.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

This morning again at 8.07 phone call from Santander, and I can say that they have phoned every morning last week and this week. We have told them clearly that we are not talking to them on the phone, but do they listen no. So I nice complaint to the OFT, might help, or maybe not.

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

LtP, are you keeping a record of these calls ?

Just so you are aware, any calls that are made/received in respect of a Mortgage are to be recorded by the Lender. So if you are keeping a physical record, and then at a later require the Lender to provide an SAR, those calls should match up :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Can I under FOI ask Santander for every recording, and what information they have on how many calls they make, as I have the days and times they are ringing us?

LilythePink

I am not sure about FOI, but you would certainly be able to ask them for this information by way of SAR ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

And is it just the same way, with a charge of £10.00

Yes, there is a £10.00 statutory fee for the SAR - there is a draft letter in the CAG library, you can amend to suit. Include anything and everything that you think that you might want to have a peek at :)

They have 40 calendar days in which to respond.

They will almost certainly demand that you sign it so sign over a grid of light/mid grey xxs..

XXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXX

or your name/initials

LilythePinkLilythePinkLilythePink

BCOBS

Make sure you write on the back of the £10 postal order " fee for Subject Access Request only" together with your mortgage account number. Take a photocopy of the front and back of the PO and save with your copy of the letter. As always, send by recorded delivery.

Yes, from the post office

LtP - when you get the postal order you will receive a receipt. Please make sure you keep that, if you need to check whether it has been cashed or put in a complaint there is an ID number on it which you will need.

If you can, also take a photocopy of the completed Postal order before you enclose it in your letter :)

BCOBS

Haven't even got the letter sent yet, and they are on the phone again this morning at 8.07 am. Got a letter at lunch time, saying that according to them we have a surplus of £426 each month, if I had that I would be very lucky. And guess what they want us to phone them.

They say our mortgage does not fit the criteria for capitalisation, does any one know what the criteria is with Santander:

LilythePink

How do they work out you have that surplus? have you sent them a budget sheet ?

They won't let you send them one, they make you do it over the phone, and they are so rude, that you are so stressed out, that you would nearly do without food just to get rid of them. If we had that much money left over, I might have a holiday this year......They absolutely refuse to communicate on paper, and the phone calls are on our mobiles and landline.

LilythePink

You most definitely should not do an income and expenditure over the phone ! You should complete the affixed budget sheet send to them with a covering letter telling them that you do not have the surplus they think you do as you were forced to estimate your income and expenditure under duress during a telephone call. If you need help with the letter please let me know.

thank you, I know and so does everyone else, that emergencies do creep up, like the cooker, extra bills, etc etc, but they just don't seem to appreciate this, and neither does the government. Another phone call just there, I just lift it up and end the call, can't be bothered even listening to them.

LilythePink

I have now sent two recorded letters to Santander, about phoning me three to four times a day. They are taking no notice, and I have logged all the calls. What can I do as this is driving me mad. Who or what can I do next?

LilythePink

• 2 weeks later...

Right, Santander have finished the arrears payment deal, without replying to our letters.

They say they are going to start charging us unless we ring them to sort out a new deal.

We want to just pay the arrears month by month, by what we can afford, which might be quite a lump sum, if things brighten up a bit.

We used to have an automated number that you rang, and just paid over the phone.

Unfortunately we don't have that now.

Does anyone have the number, or know the banking details of Santander, so we could set up a standing order.

LilythePink

• 4 weeks later...