style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'd like some advice on what people think would be a reasonable compensation amount to request from our Travel Agent, who failed to notify our party of 10 of flight changes, causing us to miss our flights from US to UK.

Briefly:

• The flights were booked in January, the flights were for August.
  • 3 months ago these flights were taken off the airline's schedule. We weren't advised that our flight times were now non-existent.
  • 24 hours before our flight date, our travel agent rebooked the flights to an earlier time, but again failed to inform us.
  • Upshot: we arrive at the airport having unwittingly missed out flights, struggle (due to the party size) but eventually manage to get rescheduled flights, causing us a 7hr delay at the airport, and a whole heap of stress and trauma.

I intend in my letter to ask for reimbursementt of food costs during the delay, but feel there should be a good-will compensation for the unnecessary stress their incompetence caused. Our flight costs were around £7500, and we'd previously spend £3000 with the same company last year.

What would be a reasonable amount of compensation to request/expect?

"Be reasonable, demand the impossible"