Arriva bus tickets and student concessions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

Just looking into purchasing a student concession season ticket for my daughter, who is about to start 6th form college.

Went on to the Arriva bus site and followed the links to buy the tickets on line. As my OH uses the bus a lot, she felt that the annual price of £590 was wrong. After double checking the links and clicking on 'Buy Student Saver Tickets Online' it again took us to the page where you select Adult or Child tickets only and the price was £590 for the year for Shrewsbury

Out of curiosity selected a none Shrewsbury area and there was a tab for 'Student' tickets at £340 for the year. Have fired off a question to them via there Q&A page but am a little annoyed that I had searched 'Student concessions' got directed to an FAQ about student concessions and clicked a link that says 'Buy Student Saver Tickets Online', then find that the offering was for a standard adult / child tickets only. If it had said "Sorry no concession tickets in this are" I wouldn't have minded. but in my view Arriva is mis-representing their tickets.

Would be grateful for your thoughts

The link is: www-dot-arrivabus-dot-co-dot-uk/student-saver-tickets/

From the link you give, clicking on "Find out more about Student Saver tickets", lists the student tickets available, ie Midlands Student Saver, Leicester City + Student Saver, Stafford Student Saver and Sutton & Birmingham Saver.

Back to your link, clicking "Buy Student Saver tickets online" takes you to a page which allows you to buy any of the available adult, child or student tickets available for each zone. Student tickets are offered for the above listed zones, and not for other zones.

They have made it clear on their site which zones these tickets are offered for, so I don't see any misrepresentation.