Faulty ikea bed frame - question

lemontart
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A friend of mine purchased a bed frame from ikea at beginning of the year about a month ago the welding between the head board and base broke - they have been trying to sort it out with ikea with out success.

Ikea say the model is no longer available and offering either discount on another or £31 when the frame cost £69 plus slats at £30 and delivery on top. -

Can anyone advise me on this - it is less than a year old - not fit for purpose in such a short time - are they entitled to a refund in full or a replacement as opposed to discount

Hi lemon

Welcome to CAG

Have a read of 12 and 13 in my signature. I don't think you need a 'expert report' at this stage, as Ikea are trying to do something about your issue.

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain whats happened, how you've been let down by Ikea and what you want them to do (You could send them some pics of the bed to highlight the lack of quality).

Send it to:-

Carole Reddish, Acting Country Manager

[email protected]

Some tips:- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1242161/How--write-letter-complaint.html

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers.