BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Oh dear Business secretary tested for Covid-19 after feeling ill during Commons speech   "During one vote, the minister voted straight after the culture secretary, Oliver Dowden, and immediately before the Labour MP Stephen Kinnock. He was also one of a few ministers who attended full cabinet, a source said. In another vote on the substantive motion, Sharma queued to vote immediately after Saqib Bhatti, the Conservative MP for Meriden, and just before Paul Scully, the Tory MP for Sutton and Cheam. "     As the Mp's experience the Mogg supermarket Conga, some queueing for the very first time since waiting to enter their initiation chamber and the waiting pigs head.   'Completely unacceptable that we should queue. I feel like a plebs at Morrisons must' was rumoured to be heard from some.     https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/06/02/mogg-conga-mps-just-tried-mad-new-voting-system-total-chaos/  
    • Hi, we've received your message pointing out that this thread has received no replies and also asking us to delete it. First of all have to say that I'm very sorry that nobody has come back and commented on your letter – which looks very thorough and obviously because it appears that you've now had a result (according to your message) it has been very effective. Once again, I'm very embarrassed that you had no response to this thread. It's extremely interesting and I don't know why it has passed us by – except that everything is very difficult at the moment for everyone due to the crisis, and a rise in the number of problems been posted in other parts of the forum. You shouldn't have to do it of course, but I suppose that if we had received a contact message earlier pointing out that this thread needed attention, then we would have dealt with it. Once again, you shouldn't need to do that and I'm sorry. I'm afraid that we don't delete material. Everything contributes to the knowledge base and your circumstances seem to be so interesting they are especially useful to other people who might find themselves in the same position – and that's what makes our collection of stories here so useful. Finally, I have to congratulate you on the result. It would be very helpful if you would come and tell everybody exactly what has been agreed – and you think that it is a really fair result given the amount of time and trouble and embarrassment you have been put to. If we understand what has now been promised to you, we might be able to suggest some further move by you to claim some kind of compensation – but maybe you have managed that already. Once again, well done on having achieved a resolution of this problem. It's very good that you managed to get Vodafone to listen – most often they don't and that is one of the problems about this company. Please do let us know what happened
    • What makes you think they wont simply rewrite history, claim they did everything right, and blame labour despite the Tory majority? Mind you, that majority is undoubtedly Carbuncle labours fault     Its happening constantly, why would you think it will be different? eg: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/03/britain-could-change-immigration-rules-for-hong-kong-citizens   Johnson spins a headline lie and swears its true despite his ministers going ... errr and the reality clearly going to be something different that Johnsons trumpesque headline  
    • The announcement comes as big companies respond to the mass protests over the death of George Floyd. View the full article
    • Film audiences have moved online during the virus pandemic with fears they might not return to cinemas. View the full article
  • Our picks

Nightmare4banks

Dca texting late at night...legal position please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2844 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi All!

One of the DCAs that I deal with has started to text me late at night demanding that I phone ASAP.

What is the legal position on this?

By the way,I never speak to the them / refuse or hang up no matter what and if needed just deal in writing by Recorded Delivery.

Many thanks in advance.

Which clown is it?

Keep a diary of events, lodge a formal complaint with the OFT&TS also Otelo.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

oh the ico will eat them for breakfast do tell us...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Hi All!

Bazooka Boo & DX100UK....

Thanks for all your comments which I have noted and will action accordingly.

Will keep updated as soon as I have taken the action and got a result.

Many thanks again.

Edited by Nightmare4banks

Hi All!

Bazooka Boo & DX100UK....

Thanks for all your comments which I have noted and will action accordingly.

Will keep updated as soon as I have taken the action and got a result.

Many thanks again.

Please end the suspense, which dcs? haha

Its a big breach of oft guidance on debt collection. Theres a clause in there that specifically deals with this exact issue.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Write to the Compliance Manager at the DCA(s)

Ref:xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Sir or Madam,

FORMAL COMPLAINT.

I refer to recent SMS text messages from your company made as late as xxpm demanding that I contacct xxxx immediately by phone, I believe the number, frequency and time of these messages is intrusive and amount to harassment.

Please take not you WILL cease to use SMS text messages, telephone landline or mobile phone call s to atempt contact with me, ALL contact Must be in writting and

sent by Royal Mail (proof of posting is notacceptable as proof of delivery).

I am aware of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2012 and the section regarding contacting alleged debtors at unreasonable times and with unreasonable frequency and unless you comply with my reasonable request for all contact to be made in writting I WILL report the matter to the OFT.

send recorded delivery.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: