Welcome Finance Secured Loan - Threats of Court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3164 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there everyone, as you can probably tell I'm new on here, don't want to bore you with too many figures etc so will try to keep it short........here goes

A few years ago I made the grave mistake of taking out a secured loan with Welcome Finance, recently i have struggled to pay them but always wrote to them to inform them of my outgoing and incomings.

I currently have just set up a debt management plan which has really helped with the unsecured debt but obviously Welcome finance is a secured loan and they won't care about this.

I am an honest hard working person who doesn't want to just stop paying Welcome but they will not under any circumtance give me a payment break or consider lower payments over a longer period, they have seen my income and expenditure and know it is a struggle for me to maintain my current monthly payment.

I have a mortgage but no equity in it.

My questions are how quick would they start court proceedings?

Do you know if this firm tends to prefer to thrash out a deal before going to court? Will the fact I have no equity in the property be taken into account?

Please help me with advice, i'm scared stiff, i work full time and have stopped smoking and reduced everything i can but i just cannot afford to pay what they require, i have tried to offer them a sensible monthly payment but they will not listen.

Hi Welcomefinance and a warm welcome to CAG

Notice should be by way of a LBA allowing either 7 or 14 days to respond and pre action protocol should be followed/ informed before any Litigation is commenced.If you have kept a good paper trail of all your efforts and correspondence and have a written agreement of payment plan then that will be a good basis of defence and you could argue promissory estoppel.Your DMP is that by you or an adviser/company?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread