Liabilty Dispute

Deekmizo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on my current position regarding a liabilty dispute that is currently going on.

What happend was I was sitting behind the 3rd party car at a junction and she was a fair bit over the reservation line and therefore started to reverse back at a fair speed, and she reversed straight into me. Sounds staright forward i know, but then the 3rd party insurance have said that i was too close to her, which is nonsense, I have an independent witness who has stated that it was the 3rd partys fault BUT she claims that i know the witness and he never seen what happend, which again is nonsense, now this has been going on for a long time now and it is getting to me.

I would be very gratefull if anyone could give me some advice on what will most likely be the outcome of this situation.

Thanks in advance

Hi there thank you for the reply,

It happend at begining of april i know it takes long to get sorted out but i feel nothing is being achieved,

The insurance company isjust responding to their claims and it just goes back and forth.

Yes they would be at fault given what you say and if your witness is independent, then your Insurers should refuse to accept any liability for the accident.

But if they (3rd party) continue to argue the toss, the claim will remain pending. If you have comp cover, your Insurers will sort out your damage, less the excess. You will just be waiting around to find out whether you can claim your excess back from the third party.

Sometimes claims can go on for years and not just months. If the 3rd party is trying to also claim for personal injury, your Insurers may just keep batting them away and telling them to take the matter to court, if they wish to. So at some point, if there is any court action to resolve this, you may be involved in this. If the 3rd party issues a court claim to you, you should pass this onto your Insurers to deal with straightaway.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread