Mortgage Express have evicted me

sb197833
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im not sure what's left for me to do right now. I was at court this morning with mortgage express for an eviction date today. The judge ruled in favour of mortgage express even though I went in and offered to pay of all the arrears.

The bailiffs have probably taken all my belongings and I'm left with just the clothes on my back. I don't really know what to do and right now cant see any options moving forward with anything

What can I do?

Firstly, do you have somewhere to stay? Have you contacted Shelter?

From your post, I take it that the repossession has already taken place and you still have property in the building. I'm not completely positive what the implications are for this, but IIRC it's something that's time sensitive so I've flagged your post for the site team.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

I am not entirely sure what the implications are of all of this.

I know when I was facing eviction I was told that if it went through I would have a couple of weeks after the eviction date to remove any belongings I could not take in advance.

I am also surprised you were evicted at all if you offered to pay off all of the arrears.

As another poster said, you need somewhere to live! Do you have relatives who are helping you?

Paying all of the arrears would have stopped the eviction - the judge clearly didn't believe your offer. Have you done that before?

As the eviction has taken place, you will need to contact the mortgagee and ask when you can go into the property to remove all of your belongings. This should not take too long to arrange, a couple of days at most. You will need to be accompanied - they will not allow you to go back into the property alone.

If you actually do have the money to clear all the arrears, I would suggest you urgently speak to the mortgagee and make payment on the proviso that they allow you back into the property. If you think the eviction took place needlessly, because you did actually have the means to pay, then you can make an application to the circuit judge at the county court to have the eviction overturned. You need to act quickly on this and go back to the county court and make an application.

Don't bother with an application unless you actually can clear the arrears in their entirety or at the very least substantially reduce them (i.e. 50% or more), AND continue to have sufficient income to meet the ongoing payments.