style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am writing this for a friend of mine who is absolutely panicking about the current situation. He had 2 outstanding council tax bills for £177.86 and £406.27 for a previous address. Chandlers now have the warrent for these debts and are looking for (as of Friday) £859. There are 2 main issues with this the first, they are going to his parents house for the money (he moved out months ago) and his poor mum is scared to death and the second is the sum of money they say is owing. We issued them a letter requesting details of the charges etc that I found on here and the response is this:-

Thank you for your email

Please see below a breakdown of both of your accounts:

Account Number *******

On the 27/03/12 Chandlers Limited received the Liability Order directly from Swindon Borough Council with an outstanding balance of £406.27.

On the 02/07/12 we sent you a Final Notice Letter.

On the 31/07/12 the Certificated Bailiff Mr Gresty attended your premises with the intention to levy distress. For this visit you incurred a charge of £24.50.

On the 17/08/12 the Certificated Bailiff Mr Smith attended your premises with the intention to levy distress. For this visit you incurred a charge of £18.00.

Account Number *******

On the 26/06/12 Chandlers Limited received the Liability Order directly from Swindon Borough Council with an outstanding balance of £177.83.

On the 31/07/12 the Certificated Bailiff Mr Gresty attended your premises with the intention to levy distress. For this visit you incurred a charge of £24.50.

On the 17/08/12 the Certificated Bailiff Mr Smith attended your premises with the intention to levy distress. For this visit you incurred a charge of £18.00.

All our fees are applied as per Schedule 3,5 Regulations 14/39/45 Charges Connected with Distress.

All of our Bailiffs are certificated at Bromley County Court.

As you can see this amounts to £669.10 so where has the other £190 come from and what do we do now? Please if anyone can help, my friends job is on the line as he is taking time out from work to deal with it and our boss (we work for the same place) has told him he needs to sort this out in his own time which is easier said than done when you work from 10 until 8!!!!

council tax bailiffs have little/no powers there is no right of entry,no kidnapping the dog ect

your friend will be best to make payments if he can direct to COUNCIL

there will have to be a formal complaint to the council about bailiffs turning up when the debt is nothing to do with them

contact your local MP they should kick the council into touch

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

get your mate to make an e-mail address for mum (if she hasn't already got one)

get mum (your mate) to send an e-mail to revenues department of the council ask them to remove her address from the debt owing to xxx council as its not her debt her son does not live with her tell them she has no contact with her son and its highly unlikely that she will have contact with him in the near future he has no property at her home therefore there is no reason to continue to pursue him at her address

and now that she has made them aware of this any further enforcement for Mr xxxx at the above address will result in a formal complaint to the CEO and her MP

Thank you thats brilliant! They have now come back with a very kind email stating that he can ignor the additional £190 that the bailiff added in charges, very kind of them haha!!! I will get him to do that

I am writing this for a friend of mine who is absolutely panicking about the current situation. He had 2 outstanding council tax bills for £177.86 and £406.27 for a previous address. Chandlers now have the warrent for these debts and are looking for (as of Friday) £859. There are 2 main issues with this the first, they are going to his parents house for the money (he moved out months ago) and his poor mum is scared to death and the second is the sum of money they say is owing. We issued them a letter requesting details of the charges etc that I found on here and the response is this:-

Thank you for your email

Please see below a breakdown of both of your accounts:

Account Number *******

On the 27/03/12 Chandlers Limited received the Liability Order directly from Swindon Borough Council with an outstanding balance of £406.27.

On the 02/07/12 we sent you a Final Notice Letter.

Account Number *******

On the 26/06/12 Chandlers Limited received the Liability Order directly from Swindon Borough Council with an outstanding balance of £177.83.

All our fees are applied as per Schedule 3,5 Regulations 14/39/45 Charges Connected with Distress.

All of our Bailiffs are certificated at Bromley County Court.

As you can see this amounts to £669.10 so where has the other £190 come from and what do we do now? Please if anyone can help, my friends job is on the line as he is taking time out from work to deal with it and our boss (we work for the same place) has told him he needs to sort this out in his own time which is easier said than done when you work from 10 until 8!!!!

I read this as the bailff attended on 31/7 2012 and 17/8/2012 with two liability orders therefore he can also go whistle to charging multiple fees for visits.

Tell your friend to make payments direct to the Council using online payment facilities and the correct ref to each debt and allow for the legitimate total to the fees to both LO's being £42.50 in total.

WD