Metoject injection for rheumatoid arthritis

Surfer01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Every week for the past 2 or more years I have been injected with methotrexate no problem. Very recently it was decided by NHS for myself to be switched to the metoject type of injection.

Last week was the first time I used the metoject and found that the needle would not penetrate my skin as it appeared to be blunt! I contacted Health At Home who do the delivery and was advised that a pharmacist would contact me shortly. That was last Thursday and I have not been able to inject myself.

I also contacted the hospital that I attend and they advised that they had numerous complaints about the needle. I was informed that they woudl ask for a new delivery with a thinner needle and that it would be delivered within the next week.

Problem is we are in West Wales on holiday for another 10 days and don't really want to cut my holiday short as we will lose money. I don't understand why they supplied needles that are ineffective. Due to the pain I was suffering, I took a long hot shower to soften the skin in order for the injection to happen but even then it was very painful inserting it.

Has any one else had issues with "blunt" needles?

Are these preloaded & ready to go syringes? Have you tried calling into a local chemist & seeing if they can help while you are away?

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink:

Thanks. I bit the bullet and wife did it for me. Darn painful and took awhile to settle! In the meantime I did a Google search and this issue has been around since 2009! I wonder if it is Heathcare At Home that makes up the kit or whether they just deliver for the NHS.

Does any one have email address or physical address for MD of HAH? Thanks.

Edited by Surfer01

I was just wondering if a chemist would be able to provide some normal syringes & needles for you to decant the solution into so you can use a nice sharp needle.

Not ideal but could at least help in the short term....

"In this situation, you know what you have to do? Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming." Dory - Finding Nemo.:wink:

I have been self administering metoject since Christmas and do notice occasions where it is more difficult to penetrate the skin with the needle.

My delivery company aren't the same as yours so it sounds like it could be a manufacturing issue.

Feebee_71