Repossession after bankruptcy and credit file

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A bit of background first.

Bankrupt in 2007 bought beneficial interest in house, made redundant and health problems was on an arrangement with NRAM which as now finished but we are 6 months in arrears and repossession process has started just waiting for letter before action.

We've had a letter from NRAM confirming we will not be liable for any costs/shortfall (property in negative equity) and we are trying to sell before repossession.

However what will all this mean to our credit file, as I understand it all debts prior to bankruptcy fall off at 6 years. So does this mean our mortgage (soon to be repossession) will have to fall off too and if so would we need to send the clean up letter to NRAM.

Sorry if this is confusing

thanks

The default entry for the mortagage will be removed 6 years from the default date registered.

What do you mean ny ''clean up letter''?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi thanks for replying, by clean up letter I mean the letter sent to to the data control officer when companies haven't put the correct date of default.

For a credit file to be correct after bankruptcy the Default date MUST be NO LATER than the date of the Bankruptcy

and the Settlement date (where shown) must be no later than the date of Discharge

Which is why I'm unsure as the where we stand as the the above is how legally things should look on any debts prior to bankruptcy which the NRAM is.

The credit file should show exactly what you have said above.

The NRAM debt is included in the BR then the above should apply

I think..

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: