style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2635 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My sons Xbox 360's disc drive stopped working so I bought a replacement one from ebay. I followed the You Tube tutorials to replace it. Everything seemed ok, but the new drive will only play DVD's and CD's. It won't play any games.

Anyone know what I need to do?

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Is it exactly the same model drive you have fitted?

Did you re flash the firmware from the old drive on to the new one?

If the drive was a normal stock drive then unless you flash it with a backup of the firmware from the old drive then it wont recognize game discs. If you do some searching on google you will find tutorials on how to do it.

Didn't realise that, thanks. It sounds all too complicated for me though.:|

Also you need a specific chipset that rund the sata channels in your pc otherwise you can't flash the drive yourself.

If you use facebook try going on a few of the for sale pages in your area and ask about. There's normally someone local that can flash them for about £15/£20.

As nohope said, there are a lot of people around that already have the hardware and software ready to go. They dont charge much as when you know how to do it, it takes very little time at all to do.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I think you can get a second hand 360 for around 50 - 60 on ebay so probably not worth the effort of trying to buy/flash a new drive

does it need the dvd board swapping over like the ps3?

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

I have found a local shop that will replace the exact drive and test it for £45.00 (3 month warranty). I should have just done that in the first place as now I have a spare working drive that I need to sell.