Nationwide Credit Card and overdraft (N.I Belfast)

Lilythepink
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1686 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 years later...

Over Christmas, my bank account got into a bit of a mess,and one of my dd, was bounced.

I have been charged £15 and I put the money in the next day to cover, then they charged me again, for a paid item..... then interest on top of that.

I messaged them 6 times, with no answer except it was passed to their refund dept.

Then they said they sent out a letter, never received it.

Emailed a complaint on Sunday, and they have asked how did I get into this financial state, and they want me to fill in an income and expenditure form....

all because I said the charges were too much and they were putting me into further debt...

Shall I just ignore them, and just pay the charges, off sick with stress, don't want any more.... bother.

Do they not understand that it is the charges which are ridiculous....:mad2:

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

• 5 months later...

I have been off ill for the past seven months, with anxiety and depression.

I informed the Nationwide Credit Card that I might not be able to make the payment from July onwards, as my full pay has stopped, and I need to pay my mortgage.

The Nationwide sent me out a budget form to fill in, which I have done,

and they gave me a breathing space of 30 days until the end of July.

But I went online and find that they have added interest and late payments charge.

I know from other websites that anxiety/depression is classed under mental health issues and that they have to treat you differently,

in other words be a bit more understanding.

I have kept them informed even before I got into financial difficulties.

Have complained and quoted the mental health thing, and also said it was making it more difficult for me to get better and get back to work.

I have my current account with them as well, and will move it only I have a joint account with my sister

and they probably would take her money to pay off my credit card and my overdraft. they are so mean......

they probably are allowed to do this, but you cannot get blood out of a stone....

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

Like all the banks - they are unfair and the regulatory authorities allow them to get away with it.

How much are the charges?

for late payment, which they said was a breathing space, it cost £12, but there are the interest and other charges added on, I can't see how much until they put my statement on line, but I bet they will be over £100

LilythePink

get reclaiming !!!

not got PPI too have you?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

will claim as soon as they come back to me saying what a resonable payment is, I have already send them an email...... NO PPI......

But it is just the way they treat you, and immediately put charges on, although I informed them before my half pay started......

At least I have a recored of it all

LilythePink

Nationwide have now let me pay a token payment,

I quoted the Mental health Act and the Banking Code of Practice,

because I cannot afford payments,

because I am off with stress/anxiety,

so they have frozen the charges etc. and taken off the late payment charge.

Now only the Building Society to deal with?

I am really suprised that Nationwide were so understanding.

Martin Lewis has a guide to debt with mental health, which covers anxiety/stress/depression.

'forget them being good about it.

Got a phone call at 8.10 am and then on my mobile at 9.05 am this morning.

Googled the number and it is Nationwide.

So I contacted the Nationwide by my online account,

where thery agreed the payment and charges frozen etc.

Told them I am not going to put up with phone calls,

especially when I have kept them informed all the way along.

Edited by Lilythepink
Phone call

LilythePink

• 3 weeks later...

Nationwide have put a late payment note on my cra experian.

I immediately emailed them, and they said that they had to put it on,

although I had actually paid the agreed token payment early.

they are so mean,

the only trouble is they could just take all my money, although I am in overdraft..

.. I have opened a parachute account, but I have a joint mortgage and a joint utilities a/c with Nationwide, with my sister.

If I took my benefits out, they would probably take her money.

But she won't listen to me, to open a new a/c, she walks around with her head in the clouds.......

LilythePink

• 2 weeks later...

I have a nationwide current account and I have been living on the overdraft for quite a while.

(I am waiting for the outcome of an equal pay claim, which should sort it out)

My question is,

as I am off sick and on half pay,

I could not pay the credit card,

I contacted them, and filled in the Expenses form, and they withdrew some of the charges,

but if they don't allow me to keep on paying the amount that I am trying to pay,

can they take my money,

or rather take money out of my overdraft to pay the credit card.

I have opened a basic account as I need to keep some money to pay all my essentials.

LilythePink

yes they can offset

i'd put in a proper charges reclaim...did you get the interest too back on them?

if you are unable to pay the full amount needed

you should write to ALL your creditors

[there is NO legal remit for them to know ANY of your in/out details - onyl a JUDGE can demand that!!]

TELL THEM [dont offer] they will only be getting £xx for xxMTS as a GOODWILL GESTURE

they you will review.

as a reciprocal GWG will they please refrain from levying PENALTY charges & freeze interest.

should they FAIL to do so [they must help under various guidelines]

you will have no alternative but t DROP them to £1PCM till you die.

pay what you have promised by your internet banking site without fail.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thank you,

I have an agreement with them for 3 months to pay a token payment of £1.00, but am paying bits here and there, as I am already in a dmp with Payplan,

paying £1 to each of my creditors.

Is a overdraft considered as a loan, as I am afraid of them calling in this as well.

I have a joint a/c for paying all household bills, and they can take from my sister's account as well.

They have frozen the interest on the credit card, but just very worrying, that my benefit and half pay is going in, but it barely covers my expenses.

I want to keep an eye on them, and try and get in with my details before they actually do anything suddenly.

It took them a while to sort the token payment out.

and they put a late payment on my credit rating......

but this stress is making everything worse,

and changing banks altogether would mean I would be defaulting on the overdraft as well....

LilythePink

if they have levied and taken CHARGES from benefits payments

hit them with BCOBS

benefits are for YOU TO LIVE ON NOT for their ruddy charges.

dx

and they

that is what I hit them with, when I told them I could not afford the credit card charges, it took them a while but they are still charging me interest on the overdraft. What would happen if I just moved all my money, and let the overdraft just sit there, and pay it off bit by bit. If I can get back to work, I will get my full pay back, so it is a fight all the way...

LilythePink

i thought you'd already moved your money

do it and pay them as you can...£5pcm?

dx

and they

If you have not set up a parachute account already, I would do this and have your claim money paid into the new account.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Have set up the account, but I have a joint a/c to pay for household bills, with my sister, and her a/c is with the Nationwide as well.

I have been taking my money out as soon as it goes in.

LilythePink

yes

dx

and they

Yes I know they can legally do it,

but if they know my situation,

and I cannot pay my half of the mortgage and other bills,

any judge would say I was not treated fairly.

How long does it take to change bank accounts,

my sister will need to change hers as well,

and I will be leaving an overdraft of nearly £2000 with the Nationwide.....

LilythePink

there are some online accounts that have a one click button

and they do everything for you.

dx

and they

I will just have to get my sister to face the truth,

she hasn't bothered changing her bank a/c, and doesn't appear to listen to anything I say.

She does not like to face up to things,

but I am taking my money away,

and she will just have to suffer,

and she can't say that I didn't warn her..

.....Already opened an a/c, with no overdraft/cheque book,

So just have to get my benefits and half salary payment moved.

LilythePink

Have given instructions for salary to be paid into my new account, but Nationwide have frozen the interest, and a very nice person from nationwide phoned me and told me they will extend the token payment until December, but unfortunately they have to issue a default.

I have already put a note on my credit file that my late payments were due to illness, but the default puts me back where I was 6 years ago.

Don't want any more debt anyway, and I use the credit union, who are easier to deal with, they gave me a three month payment holiday immediately. And I have read on here that lenders use their own scores, and not those that are given by cra....

LilythePink

Update,

the guy from nationwide phoned me, and said not to worry about the letters I was receiving, and offered to put me on the token payment of £1.00 until December, which was decent of them, but then said he would have to send out a default notice.

I have already put a notice of correction on my credit reference agency, about being off sick, and will pay everything once I get back.

Should I ask Nationwide to put the agreement in writing, and just ignore the default, because I have I suppose defaulted, but it was with their full knowledge that I did, as I arranged it with them beforehand.

LilythePink