BankFodder BankFodder

dragonspark

unicom roll over contract

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2709 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hello to all

i am new to this forum, so if im going over old ground i apologise.

i have been involved in a dispute with unicom/universal utilities for some time, i was hoping that someone using these forums could guide me in the right direction.

i will be as brief as i can in how this situation developed;

in 2007 i recieved a telephone call from a foreign gentleman informing me of the benefits of transferring my telephone line to unicom, i was informed that unicom were a branch of bt, i agreed to a three year contract over the phone and that i would recieve a written contract shortly.

in may 2010 we found ourselves short so informed everyone including unicom that funds would not be available but only for a short period, unicom still made attempts to take our direct debits which failed and therefore accrued high charges from themselves, i made complaints in writing, i then paid unicom and then had our line suspended, which i again complained in writing, i recieved replies none of which warned me that my three year contract was approaching.

in april 2011 a similar event occurred so i applied to transfer to bt, i then recieved huge termination fees from unicom, who i contacted to complain and who then informed me that i was in a three year roll over contract, as was stated in their terms and conditions, which of course i had never recieved, it was only at this time that i knew of a roll over contract, i am aware of many others in the same position.

i did not transfer my line, at that time i did not have the fight in me due to medical problems, in august 2011 i enquired to unicom how much it would be for braodband with them, i clearly told them i had hearing problems , i have hearing aids, and that i would not agree to anything over the phone, two days later i signed up to a better deal with talk talk, i then recieved many phone calls from unicom informing me i was in a contract with them, it was only after i was a bit rude that the incessant phone calls stopped and they did not persue.

in sept 2011 our bank account was fraudulently emptied, again i warned unicom of this in plenty of time, they still attempted to take direct debit payments and again three days later which of course incurred further excessive charges, by now my patience with unicom had just about evaporated.

i began questioning the validity of this three year roll over contract, i sent unicom many letters asking to see a copy of this contract and to conduct all communication in writing, ceasing the telephone calls on medical grounds, i still recieved no written contract, i recieved a letter telling me the contract was enclosed, but it was not and i advised unicom of that immediately.

i applied to transfer my line to bt, i reieved huge termination charges but still not contract, i transferred to bt then recieved a copy contract from unicom, i then transferred another line to bt.

i continued to recieve phone calls, even though i asked many times for them to stop, in may i reported the situation to ofcom, last week i recieved their final decision that unicom acted reasonably and that i have to pay unicom £800.00, i replied to every letter unicom sent me, i did not ignore them.

maybe i have already been foolish and maybe i will continue to do so, but i feel that i should continue to fight unicom on this and dispute their claim for money, i presume this will mean court action and due to the ombudsman coming down in unicoms favour, this will make my fight all the more harder however their tactics are unethical to say the least and inside i feel that something should be done.

can anyone please advise me how to fight unicom, any information would be deeply appreciated

many thanks