ParkingEye Charge Notice - I need advice please!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am new to to the forum and not too sure how it all works but I have read others stories about ParkingEye charge notices and just wanted some advice on my situation.

My child attended a course at Whitlingham Outdoor Education Centre. The Education Centre is run by Norfolk Country Council and they negotiated 20 minutes free car parking for drop off and pick up of participants. I over stayed by 15 minutes unbeknown to me until we received the Parking Charge Notice from ParkingEye for £60 increasing to £90 if not paid within 13 days.

Should I ignore all letters from ParkingEye or write them one letter not admitting to anything and asking for evidence of their charges?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Just to keep you updated on progress.

This morning I received the FINAL NOTICE letter requesting £90. If this isn't forthcoming by 7.9.12 the charge will rise to £120.

They go on to say:-

If this letter is ignored, we will have no option than to take further action, which may include instructing our solicitors to secure immediate payment or the issuing of court proceedings. Therefore to avoid further costs or action, please pay the outstanding parking charge at the final reduced amount or make arrangements for the driver to pay, in accordance with the parking terms and conditions.

Still OK to ignore??

'FINAL NOTICE' with some people means just that.

However, sorry to disappoint you.

You will still receive a few more begging letters and threats, possibly on letterheaded paper from a different box, but the advice is the same - ignore.

If only such firms would be honest about their use of the term 'FINAL NOTICE'.

But being honest is not within their nature or style of earning money.

Hi

Thanks for your comments.

Just to give an update - Final Notice letter referred to in my last post was dated 30th August - I'm still waiting for the next one! Will keep you posted as to what comes next. Hope this is useful to others who have similar experience.

I to have been charged by Parking Eye for parking in my local Aldi store. They charged me £40 and I was about to pay as they said it would go up to £70 if I didn't. I luckily checked my bank statement and provided them with proof that I had been in the store and purchased shopping. They cheekily said they would let me off this time. I can't believe supermarkets would associate themselves with companies like these.