0800 Repair

Robbo9
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I'm having a big problem with the appliance repair company who operatesunder the name of 0800 Repair

I have notices that they have appeared on the site asrecently as June 2012 but this is now RESOLVED for this fellow consumer. Thatwas quite a long thread and has huge similarities to my issues so it is clearthat they have learnt nothing from that particular experience.

I wont bore you all with the full details but after a faultdeveloped in our Baumatic dish washer we contacted Baumatic back in April 2012which resulted in the following:

· An initial visit to check fault

· Several calls to call centre to enquire ofprogress where they blamed the delays on parts

· Second visit from engineer. Made repair and toldto leave for several hours for glue to dry. Good I thought and I even gave hima £5 tip

· Later that evening tested dishwasher which failedto operate resulting in another call to 0800 repair

· Third visit from engineer (same as lastengineer) who was extremely rude to my wife telling her that she had floodedthe machine. Strange as it hadn’t even worked from the so called repair whichhe made. He left suggesting he would put report into the office

· Another call to the call centre where I complainedand refused to have that engineer back in my home!

· Several days and several calls later a Forthengineer visit with a new engineer who hadn’t been given any history of thejob. He made an assessment and left

· Several days and several calls later a fifthengineer visit, same guy as last visit, who striped machine diagnosed that thepump hadn’t been out back together properly by the previous engineer causing waterto FLOOD into the base triggering the cut out switch correctly preventing themachine from operating.

The long and short of it I’ve put in an eight page complaint,strangely enough before I had read the other thread, highlighting a massive 70%failure rate in their own code of conduct and also pointing out the follwomgfrom their web site:

‘Why chose 0800 Repair’:

1. Arrive on time
  2. Provide you with a fully qualified engineer local to your area
  3. Provide you with a specific timeslot
  4. Fast Reliable Service
  5. Fixed Price Labour
  6. Code of conduct

My response to this is:

1. No times are givenby the Call Centre so how do we know?

2. How do clients knowthey are ‘fully qualified’?

3. I’ve not been givena timeslot for any of the visits other than the first one

4. Very slow andunreliable

5. I can’t questionthis

6. Only 30% successful

After many emails and calls I eventually had a call from alady who agreed with the points within my complaint and promised a letter of apologyto my wife which was over three weeks ago and we are still waiting for that.

In respect of compensation for all the stress, inconvenienceand time out of work they said that it is not their policy to offer financial compensationbut they would offer a 3 year parts and labour warranty on the dishwasher. I toldthem that this was of little interest as our house was up for sale and thedishwasher was integrated. She said that she would get back to me but I’m stillwaiting for that call and she is not answering my calls or returning my voice mailsor my emails. In fact only this week I emailed three people within 0800 repairand they haven even had the decency to reply, non of them. I’ve even cc’dBaumatic and they haven’t responded either!!

Despite that fact that they said they don’t give financial compensationI not with a smile that they did give our fellow consumer a £100 for hershocking experience.

Anyway if you have got this far than many thanks for readingand if you can offer any advice for my next stage them I’ll happily ready anyofferings

:|

how old is this machine and where did you buy it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok well atleast you've not had to pay anythng.

sad turn of evens though

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...