Currently ignoring letters from CMS UK LTD, but...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, as stated in the title i got a letter from CMS saying i parked at the car park for Pizza hut & cinema's but didn't use these business's so i had to pay.... blah blah blah

I was already well read on these cowboys (Thanks CAG) so i knew to just ignor them and make confetti with said letters, which i did, including the letter from a so called debt collection agency.

But last week i got a phone call from a lady who said she was with Graham Whites Solicitors and asked for me by name, i asked what it was in relation to because i suspected it might be this and didn't want to give her any information. She said she wanted to confirm my identity and coudln't tell me what it was about unless i did so, she did however say that i hadn't replied to their letter and thats why she was calling but without my details she wouldn't confirm what the matter was about.

I said to her "listen, you called me... i didn't call you, i am not giving you any information as i have no idea who you are and i am concerned about being conned." i told her to send me a letter.

Today i got that letter, it says that they are acting on behalf of "Roxburghe (UK) LTD" who are acting on behalf of CMS UK LTD and that they are asking for the amount of £188.00 to settle a PARKING CHARGE NOTICE.

It also says that due to the absence of payment or a valid appeal they have been instructed to recover the amount stated. Funnily though at the bottom of the letter it say to contact Roxburghe upon reciept of the letter, does this mean that is my one letter from Graham Whites and their part has now been played??

I was very confident in my actions of simply ignoring these letters but receiving a phone call from them has effectively thrown me a curve ball and my wife who suffers with depression & O.C.D. has become very panicked by it, i keep trying to reassure her but she has become very scared about the whole thing. Everything i have read points to the whole thing being a bunch of **** but i have yet to come across anyone else who says they have been contacted by a phone call from a so called Solicitor?

My instincts and every fibre of my common sense says IGNOR, IGNOR, IGNOR but for the sake of my wifes sanity and her being able to sleep at night i decided to post and ask for your opinions on this, It is tearing me up to see my wife reduced to tears over this bull**** so i can think of nothing else other than to seek advice from the CAG.

Thank you,

Mike.

Hi again, just recieved another phone call but this time it was a lady from "Roxburghe" calling, i asked was i legaly required to speak to her and when she realised what i was getting at she said "no, ok goodbye" and hung up.

wth is going on, 2 phone calls in the space of a week??

starting to feel harassed :-x

sounds like debt collectors phoning you either windup them for `sporting purpose` or not answer security question

wait to see if something comes in the post debt collectors have no powers

• Confused 1

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Yeah i figured as much, Throughout the whole affair (about 6 months or so) i have not made any contact with them so all they have is a picture of my car taken by some

minimum wage employee with a digital camera. They have no idea who the driver was and i suspect they want to talk to me to try and trick me into admitting either i was the driver

or telling them who was actualy driving my car?

Still i have no intention of telling them anything, if they want to extort money from me then let them work to do so and if i get a day in court i am presuming that they would have to prove

who was driving the car and that if i was asked that i could simply refuse to answer without hurting myself? They do after all hold the burden of proof don't they??

Who was driving is only a very small part of this debate, MUCH BIGGER DEBATES EXIST SURROUNDING THE LEGALITY OF THESE CHARGES. The only mistake you have made is to provide them with a telephone number. If they call again remind them that you are entiled to exercise Statutory Right and defend any subsequent action and therefore you will not under any circumstances engage with collection agents who have no legal status of any description.

NEVER EVER GIVE IN AND THY WILL SIMPLY GO AWAY

YOU MAY GET THE ODD BEGGING LETTER BUT LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, THEY ARE IDEAL FOR LIGHTING THE BARBECUE.

• Confused 1

speculative invoice

ignore them

dx

• Confused 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The only mistake you have made is to provide them with a telephone number.

You know i only just realised that... how the heck did they get my phone number? i never gave it to them and i was supposed to be unlisted, think it's time to call Virgin Media and see if they have listed my number!!

btw, thanks for the replies ;)

Mike.

Did you not realise that the lady from Roxburghe and the lady 'from Graham White' are in the same call Centre?! Graham White is a name used by Roxburghe. And that letter you have there came from Roxburghe Debt Collectors, not from a Solicitors office at all - in spite of the misleading letter-heading.

[EDIT]

Worry not, this is just like a Nigerian Lottery phishing email. IGNORE IT. You should just be playing snap with these letters by now, seeing as C.A.G. now allow us to have the MSE letter-chain thread that's been a resource for years on other parking forums:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2214803

If you also Google 'Roxburghe phone calls' you will find this discussed every week online on here and on various forums.

Your letter has been there all the time, the next letter is there too, so you cn see what to expect next. Just play snap. :-)

Edited by ims21
  • Confused 1

Got yet another call from Roxburghe this afternoon, some guy so i told him very politley to quit calling as i am getting sick of them harassing me and then i hung up, i gotta give them points for persistance lol

Got yet another call from Roxburghe this afternoon, some guy so i told him very politley to quit calling as i am getting sick of them harassing me and then i hung up, i gotta give them points for persistance lol

they are collection agents, I can charge you £200 for reading this and ask a collection agent to pester you, would you take it seriously ?

The whole show is an impersonation of authority [problem], the calls are from spotty teenagers on minimum wage, rude and vulgar abuse using some fine anglo saxon English words will halt the calls immediately.

Expert on Parking matters, Banned by MSE ! along with other parking experts on orders of the BPA !

here to SAVE you money !

they are collection agents, I can charge you £200 for reading this and ask a collection agent to pester you, would you take it seriously ?

The whole show is an impersonation of authority [problem], the calls are from spotty teenagers on minimum wage, rude and vulgar abuse using some fine anglo saxon English words will halt the calls immediately.

I agree, perhaps we should compile a list of one liners.

Do you mean something in the style of,

"rearrange these words into a well known phrase, or saying, O**, F*** ?

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!