Bad credit for owing 1 penny

mey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I would appreciate some advice. I recently signed up to CPP and this includes access to my credit file. I checked my credit file and noticed a default for money owed to Virgin Media. I found this very strange as I've not been a Virgin customer for many years. So I called Virgin and they told me I owed them 1 penny since 2007 and this is why it was on my credit file.

They were very "sorry" and said they will credit my account with 1 penny but they cannot remove the default notice.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Utter nonsensense of course they can remove it, it is patently unfair and you must trport this to the ICO immediately, place a notice of dispute on credit files as well.

Now send this to the Data Controller at Virgin with a screen print of the file entry.

Re: Unfair default entry.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I enclose a copy of my credit reference filed held by xxxx & xxxx credit refeerence agencies as you will see Virgin have recorded a default for the amount of ONE PENNY in 2007 it appears that a final account left a 1penny balance.

I find it hard to believe that a company can be so vindictive as to place a default for this ridiculous amount which has had detrimental effect on my credit profile.

I have received what seems to be a grudging apology from your telephone staff and they have credited the one penny to the account, but have refused to remove the default entry, which I consider manifestly unfair.

I now expect you to remove these entries from my files immediately and to confirm in writting that you have done so.

I am sure you are fully aware of the guidance given by the ICO on the placement of entries like this, if you fail to remove the entries within 5 days from the date of this letter I WILL make a formal complaint to the ICO.

Send recorded delivery.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: