jsa on going medical certificates

Nystagmite
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On my last medical certificate, my GP wrote it's ongoing and put no end date on it. I've now just received a reminder that my certificate will run out on the 16th. 2 days is nowhere near enough time to get a GP appointment.:evil:

Is it right that my ongoing medical certificate is only valid for 2 weeks?

On my last medical certificate, my GP wrote it's ongoing and put no end date on it. I've now just received a reminder that my certificate will run out on the 16th. 2 days is nowhere near enough time to get a GP appointment.:evil:

Is it right that my ongoing medical certificate is only valid for 2 weeks?

That seems pretty arbitrary to decide two weeks, why not 1 week, or 3 months? I would give the DWP a call, ask for a call back from a decision maker (the person on the helpline usually knows nothing). It could be one of two things - the have a policy of no-end-date fit notes to be entered as two weeks, or someone made an error in processing the fit note.

To me a fit note with no end date should logically be for the maximum - is that 3 months, now? Not sure.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

According to my letter, my fit note ran from July 2nd to August 16th. That's news to me - I had one from July 2nd to August 2nd and one that was ongoing from 27th July.

I thought the maximum was 6 months. Not sure though.

Thanks, will call them tomorrow.

If your condition is ongoing surely you dont actually need a Drs appt, if you just phone the Dr should just be able to leave a note at reception for you I wouldnt have thought that he wouldny need to examine you. having said that if you do have to see him speak to him about notes and in future he may just leave them for you to pick up, it would save him and you time.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

I did ask about the dr just writing a fit note for me, given that I've already had 2 appointments regarding my fit notes. I was told no.

Unfortunately for me, this particular GP doesn't seem to understand how difficult it is to work with hearing sensitivity and limited eye sight.

• dx100uk changed the title to jsa on going medical certificates