Parking Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi like so many i am a newbie to his forum and have recieved a parking charge from Parking Eye. The notice has been isued after i had parked at the Welcome Brerak services in Oxford for a rest having drove from France for the previous nine hours. They have issued the notice demanding between £60 & £120 (dependant on when i am prepared to pay) on the basis that i had parked for 5 hours and 32 minutes without making a payment (They have also presented me with a photograph of my vehicle entering the carpark at 00:37 and leaving at 06:10 the same morning). The reason why i didnt make a ny payment for the parking is because i genuinely didnot see any signs where i pulled up, particularly as it was dark and in the morning i just set off without even going to the rest room. (Thats not to say there werent any signs, i just didnt see them at that time of night) Having read so many stories i am unsure if i should ignore, challenge or pay the charge. Any advice would be greatfully received.

Many Thanks

Hi like so many i am a newbie to his forum and have recieved a parking charge from Parking Eye. The notice has been isued after i had parked at the Welcome Brerak services in Oxford for a rest having drove from France for the previous nine hours. They have issued the notice demanding between £60 & £120 (dependant on when i am prepared to pay) on the basis that i had parked for 5 hours and 32 minutes without making a payment (They have also presented me with a photograph of my vehicle entering the carpark at 00:37 and leaving at 06:10 the same morning). The reason why i didnt make a ny payment for the parking is because i genuinely didnot see any signs where i pulled up, particularly as it was dark and in the morning i just set off without even going to the rest room. (Thats not to say there werent any signs, i just didnt see them at that time of night) Having read so many stories i am unsure if i should ignore, challenge or pay the charge. Any advice would be greatfully received.

Many Thanks

I overstayed in a Morrison's car park in Peckhan S London and received a fine of £40 if I paid within 14 days. I waited until I received a reminder then I wrote to the parking enforcement company (called parking eyelink3.gif). Stating that under constitutional law they are breaking the law by demanding money from me before any court conviction (bill of rights 1689) and any claim they had would be null and void as they had demanded monies from me.

As they had written to me twice I had to advise them of the terms and conditions of writing to me, which are thus:

I will accept two free letters but any third letter received; would trigger the acceptance of the fact that they would have to pay me an adminlink3.gif fee of £50 per letter, but the third letter would also be a free letter unless I received a fourth letter related to this matter. In which case I would have to charge for ALL four letters. I would invoice them and request payment within 7 days otherwise court action would follow on the 8th day. The terms are fair under the Unfair terms Act 1999 as this is for my time and expenses. Any fifth letter would trigger a harassment action under the 1997 Protection from Harassment Act, which I would be entitled to claim £5,000 in damages for mental anguish.

Funnily enough every time I get a ticket and a reminder, I NEVER receive a third letter, as they (parking agents/councils) are really concerned that I would go for it.biggrin.png

Also caught by Parking Eye . I was onholiday in the UK and parked at the Heathrow Marriott for 30 minutes while un loadingmy Hire Car, I have been sent via the rental company the 120 GBP fine and theyhave also passed on my contact details to Parking Eye, who have contacted me inthe UAE where I live.

As this is not a Traffic violation are therental company allowed to give my private details to a third party?

After reading some post I am thinking of ignoringthere request for payment is there andproblems as I was using a rental car?

Hi kiwial

Yours is a different situation from those on this thread. You would do well to start your own thread so that we can deal with the issue that arise in your case. Most UK rental companies are slowly catching onto the fact that private parking companies have no authority but some are being lazy and allowing these companies to try it on. There is a reasonable chance that you can get your money back. But - start your own thread.

You can choose to play with Parking Spy if you like by writing letters, but to be honest, you are only telling them what they already know and couldn't give a toss about, so why bother?

The best advice is to ignore all their letters and the subsequent debt collectors letters until they crawl back under their rock out of pocket

• 10 months later...

Sorry, but you should not ignore. Read the advice under the ignore link.

Sorry, but you should not ignore. Read the advice under the ignore link.

urm this thread is almost a year old...........

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

urm this thread is almost a year old...........

dx

Scooby doo is at it again.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D