Jsa + sick

StevieJo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I didn't sign as i was ill. I only got the 14 day sickness form when i got well enough to go home. I am due money on Monday but will not be able to hand it in until then, when should i receive a payment? Please help my eletric is the verge of ticking out and have used all my crisis loans.

You will not receive payment until the form has been received and processed by the Benefit Centre.

The correct procedure is that you hand in the form and it is noted on your Job Seeking (LMS) record that you have done so and the form is then sent by courier to the benefit centre for processing.

You can hand the form in and then use the customer phone to request a call back fron the BC to discuss a same day payment once the form has been processed.

I don't know if this is policy or I was just on the receiving end of a clueless advisor, but when I submitted a JSA28 due to illness by post four years ago, I was told over the phone that unless I dragged myself in to sign on at the appointed time and date, I would not receive any benefit until the next sign on date, under those circumstances the JSA28 is a waste of time.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

That seems bizzare. I mean, you've claimed you're too ill; so how can you drag yourself to the job centre?

I know, it was funny looking back on it although not at the time, I dutifully dragged myself in climbed the stairs to the second floor and collapsed onto the nearest chair.

I didn't know it at the time as I had not been diagnosed, but I had COPD, that,coupled with the worst cold short of flu I have ever had put me pretty much into the dysfunctional section, a JCP employee assisted me to the relevant desk where the advisor commented that it looked like I should be in hospital let alone in the dole office, the funny part about that was he was the one who told me on the phone to come in and sign on in the first place, you could not make it up.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

I don't know if this is policy or I was just on the receiving end of a clueless advisor, but when I submitted a JSA28 due to illness by post four years ago, I was told over the phone that unless I dragged myself in to sign on at the appointed time and date, I would not receive any benefit until the next sign on date, under those circumstances the JSA28 is a waste of time.

You were advised incorrectly, I think. You should be paid a few days after the JSA28 is received at the processing office. You are allowed two periods of sickness of up to 14 days and can be excused signing or other appointments.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Surely i can phone up for a payment today as i have now gone 18 days without money, it was due monday. I have been told from friends they should give me the full amount today if i phone up.

As I posted previously, the form is received at the JCP who make the necessary checks that you have nt exceeded the allowable period of sickness, the firm is then sent via the internal courier to the benefit centre to be processed. The payment is then processed and takes the normal 3 working days to credit your account.

You handed the form in on Monday so it may have been looked on Monda or Tuesday at the JCP and then forwarded to the BC so ideally it would have reached the BC on Weds and then it has to be picked up and processed (usually in date order receipt) at the BC then allowing the 3 working days it can take some time.

If tere is no money in your account then I would give the BC a call tomorrow to check on the progress.

They told it was too late for a payment as it was being processed or something. They swore to me it would be there in the morning but they have lied in the past. If it is not in the bank tomorrow then i will have to wait until Monday which is too late as i have already run out of electric so would they then make an exception and give me a same day payment as i have used all my criss loans. Thanks for the reply, i look forward to hearing from you soon. Great forum and will recommend it too family & friends.

It will depend if the payment has already been issued and if the payment can be recalled or not.

Recalling a payment isn't hard to do but can cause extra work which a supervisor may or may not approve. (not your problem but currently in peak leave and staffing levels are usually running on the lowest staff they can but everyone still expects the same amount of work to be cleared from customers to management)