flashing glowplug light

psw1961

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3277 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have 2006 mondeo 2.0l diesel. The ignition glowplug light has just started flashing, while it's flashing the turbo does not work and there is no power but the car run's ok. When the light does not flash i have to rev engine too 2000rpm so the turbo kick in to change gear otherwise car has no acceleration and black smoke is thrown out of exhaust, what could be main cause

I have 2006 mondeo 2.0l diesel. The ignition glowplug light has just started flashing, while it's flashing the turbo does not work and there is no power but the car run's ok. When the light does not flash i have to rev engine too 2000rpm so the turbo kick in to change gear otherwise car has no acceleration and black smoke is thrown out of exhaust, what could be main cause

the glow plug light on can be a few things but it will more than likely be the turbo actuator. as you have mentioned the turbo that is probably what you will need a new turbo.

No glowplugs would make the car difficult to start, especially on cold winter days, but they're fairly cheap to replace and it's easy to do yourself with the right tools. Have you noticed this problem? But the light could indeed indicate other things.

A defective turbo will give you bad smoke and this is an expensive item to replace, even using reconditioned parts. One good way to wreck a turbo is to boot the engine when cold, or just before shutdown, so perhaps there's been a history of this.

Maybe get a garage to read the fault codes for a small fee and see what's showing up as faulty. Then you can make a decision on what to fix, if anything.

Probably more a question for another forum though - there are loads for Ford owners, as well as general motoring ones like Honest John's.