Wonga have agreed to remove the default from all CRAs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3549 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

If anyone has a Wonga default this might help them, or give them a bit of hope. I had a debt with them from November 2011 so not too long ago for £280. Recently emailed them a poor written email asking them to remove the default, saying it's unfair as i've changed my email etc.

I then got an automated reply stating they will respond within 24 hours, and it took them 6-7 days to reply. They told me to ring them to negotiate the debt, i refused and stated i will only communicate via email, the next email they sent stated they will remove the default once the debt is settled!

Should i get them to send me a written letter via post to confirm this, or is email enough proof?

The letter they sent me:

Thank you for your email.

We can confirm we will remove the default from your account once your loan has been repaid in full as you have confirmed you have changed your email address from the details we hold for you. You can make the repayment by contacting us on 020 7138 8331 or alternatively by visiting the My Account section at www.wonga.com.

Once you account is settled in full, we will contact the relevant credit bureaus (Call Credit and Experian) in order to update your credit file accordingly.

If you have any further questions regarding your account, please do not hesitate to contact a customer care advisor on 020 7138 8330. Our office is open Monday to Friday, from 9am to 6pm.

We look forward to your contact and getting this matter resolved as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Customer Care

020 7138 8330

Wonga.com

Thanks.

You already have it in writing. Pay the debt back and then get further confirmation that theyve removed it.

An email from their official address acts the same as a letter.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 3 weeks later...