advice about gardx please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i purchased a new car today and the salesman showed me a video about Gardx and asked me if i would like the car treated with this at an extra cost to myself of £299. He explained that after my car has had the treatment, Gardx are so confident that the product would protect my car from any scratches, that they would come out and repair any damage should this occur. After reading some posts on this forum about the product i am a little concerned. I did not receive any paperwork to say i had had this treatment, nor did i receive a separate receipt (the cost of the treatment was added to the price of the car and is shown on this receipt) The only things they did give me were a car care pack with some fluids in and a voucher to use against my new car should i wish to trade it in, in the future. If anyone could give me any details as to whether i should have received any other documents for this treatment i would be most grateful. I do have the option to return the car within 7 days if i am not happy with it although it states i will have to pay for any mileage used, if i find i have been mis-sold a product, do i have the right to return the car and refuse to pay for the mileage?

I doubt any concern you have regarding a simple wax type treatment of your car would be deemed an acceptable reason to return the whole car.

A charge of £299 for such a treatment through a dealer is fairly standard although if you had contacted one of the car valet companies in your area I am sure you could have got a similar treatment for around £100 - £130 direct from them.

As there is a "warranty" with the treatment, then of course you should have received some validating documents, however, I suspect, as is usually the case with after market mechanical warranties, should you try to claim for a bodywork defect, then your claim would be denied because:-

a) you haven't applied the car care products properly

b) you haven't applied the car care products often enough

c) you haven't washed the car often enough

d) you haven't had the bodywork inspected by the dealer once a year

e) it's a Friday and we don't accept warranty claims on a Friday

f) etc

g) any other reason we can think of to make up

• Confused 1