Jump to content

Ex partner threatening to phone police for belongings


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

hi i have just split up with my ex,i rent my own flat she was staying here most days a week and some at her mum.i am the only person on the tenecy agreement.we have had a bad break up i have dropped off all of her belonging at her mums.some furniture we went half's on.she is now saying because she has the receipts for some of the stuff we bought together she is going to phone the police with the receipts and have them removed.i have paid her half for these items.i have a basic bank account so she used her card.can she do this? what is the procedure? what are my rights? thank you in advance if anyone can give me some advice

regards dan

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm quite sure the police won't do anything as this is a civil matter. she will have to go to get court to get her stuff back. I think it is called a return of possessions order, google it or search here ;)

Work for my local CAB but my views and advice are my own. Try AdviceGuide or Adviceline (08444 111 444) for CAB help ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Civil matter, the Police won't do anything, or at least they shouldn't!


She would need to take her own legal action against you, which is unlikely as it would cost her.


Tell her to grow up, and discuss things in a civil manner.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!



Link to post
Share on other sites

Dividing furniture and other belongings when you split up


You’ll need to try and reach agreement with your partner about how to split up furniture or possessions. In general terms, you can legally own things ‘jointly’ (between you) or ‘separately’ (on your own).

For example, you may have bought some items with your own money to use yourself. These would usually be classed as being owned ‘separately’. But other items you have bought together may be ‘jointly’ owned.

For more information, see ‘Splitting money and possessions if you’re not married or in a civil partnership’.

Mediation – reaching an agreement when you split

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...