can no longer afford to pay of credit card debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4197 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Due to a hit and run accident some years ago I have been plagued by ill health.

I finally got to a point where I could no longer work.

Now Atos in their infinite wisdom have deemed me fit for work no matter what the hospital and my doctors say.

I now do not recieve any benefits at all.

My wife is retired and on DLA and claims pension credit for me.

My debt is with

Capital One £2,500

Premier Man I have now agreed to pay of 17.00 a month,

aam now going through the rigmaroll of starting another dialogue with Capital.

I did have a payment plan in place but was paying £100 a month

£35 of that was taken by the company that did the payment plan.

Now due to increases in rent, other bills including food and so on our money is no longer enough to live on

never mind pay everything that needs to be paid.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Hi gnr

Welcome to CAG

Have a read of 1,2,3,7 and 8 in my signature. Pay what you can afford to pay, if it's £1 then so be it. Priorities like food,

utilities etc come first. If the matter ever went to court, a court would only order you to pay what you could afford after taking priority debts into account. Only communicate with creditors via letter, so you have a record.

Your creditors would look silly and be wasting court time.

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers.

stop paying it, its not a priority debt, those are rent/mortgage, council tax, gas, electric, water.

As for ATOS have you appealed the decision?

As its running at 60% of appeals are upheld.

These will threaten all sorts but even if they go for CCJ after income & expenditure is done you will probably be paying £1 a month.

was there any PPI on capital one that can be claimed,

was there penalty charges added to capital one debt?

Premier Man is that a catalogue?

well I would write and offer both of them a nominal fee of £1 for the foeseeable future. and see what they say?

Basically what Reb. has said really covers my reply too

Edited by padja
more advice offered

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

£1 a month is the MAXIMUM you are able to pay, NO judge would make you pay more than that.

Set up a standing order to pay them £1 a month,

You DO NOT need their permission to do this, just do it.

How long ago did you take these agreements out?

Keep OFF the phone,

Keep everything in writing only.

DO NOT fill in any of their childish I&E forms, they are not entitled to this information.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

and dump the dmp company

never ever use them

as advised

get reclaiming

that cat debt will all be PENALTY FEES

so will the cap1 card i bet!!

£1PCM , thats all they should get

if you've now got all the statements

then sar each one.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for all your help and advice.

I took out Capital One in 2001,

due to a previous divorce left me with nothing apart from my clothes , a beat up car and a bad credit rating.

The perils of a joint bank account.

There is no PPI to claim back that has been confirmed by a company that added to my debt on the credit card.

they are now investigating other avenues of interest.

This has taken over 12 months and still non the wiser.

Forget that bit, I am now a lot wiser. Hindsight what an interesting concept.

As DX says, dump whatever company you are using that claim to be 'helping' you, they're NOT, you can do everything they are doing for free, and in most cases you will be able to do a lot more than them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hindsight what an interesting concept.

Yep, Hindsight is a wonderful thing.. if only there was time travel as well !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 months later...

Hi, just an update on this thread.

CapQust have now agreed for me to pay by Standing Order the sum of £1.00 a month until 2054 when it will be reviewed,

by this time I may no longer be compos mentis or 6 foot under.

Had a few problems with out of hours phone calls but that went away after putting the phone down repeatedly after I found out who it was.

I am paying Premier Man the sum agreed which was £17.00 or so. I followed all your advice which was gratefully received and thank you all for your help

THis is good news :)

Who is Premier Man ??

Have you also started a thread in the Health/Employment forums regarding this situation with ATOS ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

citizenB

Thanks for your reply.

Premier Man are a catalogue company,

I have not started a thread in the Health/Employment forums.

I have had my Atos interview reconsidered but to no avail,

they have agreed I have a disability and heath problems but still no points have been awarded.

To be honest I just cannot be bothered anymore to go through all the hassle and red tape that they try to put you through.

I took the easy route out it may not be the right way but my wife was told by one of the Pension Service staff

that a relative of hers has had the same problem and this was the route that they took.

Anyway thanks again for your help.

It is a great shame you don't feel able to fight the callous criminal activity of ATOS, I'm due to start the fight with them in the next couple of months, they will be sorry to have rattled my cage if they miraculously cure me!

Premier Man, you ONLY need pay them £1 a month, it is NOT a priority debt, just set up the standing order to pay it, when they start bleating then just tell them that that is all you can pay and that they will accept it.

citizenB

Thanks for your reply. Premier Man are a catalogue company, I have not started a thread in the Health/Employment forums. I have had my Atos interview reconsidered but to no avail, they have agreed I have a disability and heath problems but still no points have been awarded. To be honest I just cannot be bothered anymore to go through all the hassle and red tape that they try to put you through. I took the easy route out it may not be the right way but my wife was told by one of the Pension Service staff that a relative of hers has had the same problem and this was the route that they took. Anyway thanks again for your help.

Right.. the Catalogue company are way down your list of priorities so it might be worth reducing what you pay to them in order to increase payments to those debts with more priority.. !

Have you any PPI or default charges on any of these debts ? If so, then it might be worth reclaiming to reduce liablity.

BCOBS

cancelled the DMP yet?

start a thread in the mail order forum on that premier man catalogue debt

and get reclaiming their £12 fees too!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...