• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Mini credit emptied my account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a loan from these people of 100 . I had problems so emailed mini credit to explain, umsympathetic , rude, brash on the phone, anyhow as time went on i simply told them i wasnt able to afford and so on goes all the fines etc, MAY I REMIND MINI CREDIT EMPLOYEES THAT A PERSON IN DEBT IS NOT A CRIMINAL !!!!!!

Anyhow my bank card was changed and so mini had been trying to claim off my old card , but, because the funds werent there 100 turned into 320.50

Mini credit never had my new card details but the next payment on my income i am left with 6 pounds as they had taken the total ammount out , i was in receipt of a hardship form from them but i returned it to wrong email address although i still have a copy of what i wrote. does anyone now know how i can proceed, :-x

I feel that due to the umpteen emails i sent and phone calls prior and during , to knowing that id be in difficulty that i told these people about

I see it as they should of worked with me as they have a record of them sending me a hardship form on the 30 th july.

Do i really have to hire a muck spreader and pay a visit ;-p jk

Go to your bank and get a chargeback done. Tell them it was an unauthorised transaction. If it was done using a visa card, youre pretty much guaranteed one.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Be aware that some banks will say no. Even though its illegal. You need to stand your ground and be strong.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Well i received the bog standard letter back, final decision ( oh no is not ) and have replied with the following

Please note that due to an unsatisfactory outcome on my request , during and after and before you took the fees out of my account which was emptied, leaving me unable to buy foods and electric and basic living needs that i was deprived of by yourselves im now taking this matter to and not limited to the trading standards , the FOS, consumer credit group and the OFT

Any further communication must be via post, any breach of this will be noted as a breach of the consumer credit act

I also ask for a full breakdown of all charges incurred with a full view of recovering any excess ammounts that minicreditplc have charged me.

Please also note that my income is now from Benefits with which you have taken from my account which covered my living expenses

I already put the case in dispute before you emptied my account on that day, i was left with no food or electric, as for congratulating me, pls dont patronise , i had to take out the 80 that was left in order to buy basics ie food , electric etc which works out to 40 pounds a week for the 2 weeks , you will find you sent the hardship form on the 30 th which i mistakenly sent to wrong address prior to you retrieving the over charged fees

Im now going to take this case to the fos, and the credit regulator and consumer action group and will also take legal action

Please note i only wish to communicate via post and expect as previously asked for a hardship form .

With deep regret and under no prejudice i shall seek further to recovering the grossly over stated interest as i was within timeline of appeal .

All communication now will be recorded and sent , please respect my wishes as failure to do so will only be seen as contempt with any governing credit authority

Please take note of the following guidelines

3.1 This chapter identifies matters that the OFT considers to be unfair or improper business practices for the purposes of section 25(2A)(e) of the Act. These are set out under the following sub-headings:

• Communication: businesses should communicate in a clear, accurate and transparent manner

• Physical/psychological harassment: businesses should not engage in physical or psychological harassment of debtors, or relevant third parties

• Deceptive and/or unfair methods: businesses should be truthful and fair in their dealings with debtors and others

• Charging for debt recovery: charges should not be levied inappropriately or unfairly

debt collectionlink3.gifvisits: those visiting debtors must not act in a threatening or unclear manner

statute barredlink3.gifdebt: businesses should not use unfair methods (including misrepresenting the legal position) if seeking to recover statute barred debt

i. pressurising debtors to pay more than they can reasonably afford32 without experiencing undue difficulty33

failing to allow for alternative, affordable, repayment amounts when a reasonable proposal is made by a debtor or a third party representative acting on his behalf (for example, a debt adviser)

Charging for debt recovery

3.10 Charges should not be levied inappropriately or unfairly.

3.11 Examples of unfair or improper practices are as follows:

a. misleading debtors into believing they are legally liable to pay recovery charges when this is not the case

b. claiming recovery costs from a debtor in the absence of express contractual provision to be able to do so

For example, where there is no provision in the credit agreement that expressly allows for such charges to be levied.

c. not giving a clear indication in credit agreements of the amount of any charges payable on default

d. applying unreasonable charges.

In In the OFT's view, creditors should consider reducing or stopping interestlink3.gifand charges where a borrower evidences that he is in financial difficulty and is unable to meet repayments as they fall due or when he can only make ‘token’ repayments such that his level of debt would continue to increase if interest and charges continue to be applied

52 An 'unreasonable charge' in this context would be a charge, the level of which, is not based on the recovery of actual and necessary costs

So in view of you not adhering to OFT guidelines, can I please have your address to send a formal letter of complaint to F.O.S

PLS NOTE THE FOLLOWING WHICH WAS SENT TO ME DURING THE PROCESS OF ME TRYING TO ASK MINICREDIT PLC FOR A FREEZE OF INTEREST AND REDUCTION IN FEES

Microcredit Ltd is able to provide our Hardship customers three possibilities:

The first option is a settlement. The settlement means that when You contact our Customer support we are able to reduce the current outstanding balance and waive some of the failed debit attempt fees. The settlement must be paid over the phone during the phone-call with a debit/credit card.

The second option we are able to provide You is a settlement plan. We provide all our clients 120 days from the due date to make payments of any amount towards their outstanding balance. You would need to make at least one payment a month towards the balance. Before the 120th comes days You would need to make a Full and finallink8.gif settlement offer. Microcredit Ltd will then overlook all the payments we have received and they will be taken into consideration while calculating the settlement. The reasonable settlement amount must cover the daily interest for every day our funds have been used, the loan principal and the two penalties for breaking the Loan agreement. The interest is 1% of the Loan principal per day. We are able to decrease some of the failed debit attempt fees.

I will settle for any reasonable adjustment of the ammount that was taken that would be deemed to be fair under the guidelines

Without Prejudice

xxxxxx xxxxxxxx

15/08/2012

Using the phrase "without prejudice" can be more trouble than its worth. Saying that in your letter, basically means should the debt go to court, you will not be allowed to use it in front of a judge.

Its ok. lets see what happens.

• 3 weeks later...

well,through all the emails i received from them, i received one yesterday , from a person who consistantly answered , they have agreed to refund the 20 attempts of 5 pounds each , totalling 100, . A ll through the silly emails they kept sending and with me being unwilling to step down and actually telling them i shall take them to court if needs be, and also repeating consistently to the emails, replying, thankyou for the furbishing me with the information, it will be passed on to the relevant authorities dealing with my case, ( inputting the F.O.S and others) they have backed down

Dont know if it would work for anyone else but dont give up, keep insisting, and do tell them they can argue the extortionate fees in court

Dear Mr xxxxxxxxx

The only charges that You are able to dispute in the outstanding balance are the debit attempt fees totalling £100 added to 20 unsuccessful attempts to receive the repayment.

Microcredit Ltd is willing to refund the debit attempt fees £100 for the settlement of the complaint.

Please confirm whether You agree when Your reply to my e-mail.

Kind regards,

xxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

MiniCredit

Head of Customer Support

and Claims Department

Make them sit up and take notice and insist