PCN with incorrect Number plate

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4274 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently got a PCN however the attendant rushed to fill it in and added a 0 or O into my number plate when I don't have anything similar to that... Should I pay it or hope that they won't trace me???

thank you I will do that - I'm assuming I don't need to contact them otherwise?

No. Do nothing until you receive an NTO.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

No, when they apply to the DVLA for your details, they should realise that the reg no. is duff. It hasn't been unknown for councils to send an NTO with the corrected VRN, at which point you can appeal on the grounds that a) the contravention did not occur and b) procedural impropriety by the council for issuing an NTO with a different VRN to the PCN.